cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexR
Newcomer I

Unable to post CPE

Hi, 

I have problem submitting new CPE credits. I can go as far as uploading the certificate but not able to save.  The "Save and Exit" button is greyed out.  

Am I missing something?

Appreciate any help.

5 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Sounds like you have the same issue that was raised in this thread:

https://community.isc2.org/t5/Member-Support/Cannot-submit-CPE-via-the-new-portal/m-p/17052

AlexR
Newcomer I

Thanks Alec Trevelyan,

At least I am not alone having the trouble. 

Hope somebody attends to it as soon as possible.

Regards,

Alex Rigonan

amandavanceISC2

@AlexR Thank you for your inquiry. When submitting, are you checking 'yes' to the first question after entering the dates that asks if it was an (ISC)² sponsored event? Please provide the steps you are taking and which tabs you are clicking on.

Best Regards,
Amanda Vance

AlexR
Newcomer I

Hi Amanda,

I answered "yes" to the question, "Have you fulfilled a CPE offered by (ISC)²?" thinking that the e-Symposiums falls under that category.

After selecting "No", I was good.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Alex

denbesten
Community Champion

That first question,  "Have you fulfilled a CPE offered by (ISC)²?" probably would be better written, "Was your CPE submitted by somebody else on your behalf?"

Over the past few years, it does seem that the IT industry has forgotten many of the user-experience lessons that we have learned.  For example, labeling buttons with descriptive words, such as "Next", "Submit CPE", and "Save as draft" generally makes more sense than "Save", "Yes" and "OK". 

Also forgotten is the art of user-testing.  One can learn much about how well their design works observing a few users interacting with it to see where they struggle.  Without this, things tend to drift towards form over function, as we have seen in the minimalistic vs skeuomorphic design trends.

I.T. has realized that Security is a speciality that requires training, dedication and staffing, but UX is often still in the infancy phase -- "the developers can do it themselves".