cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MH1
Viewer II

Security podcasts - evidence + CPE type

Hello all,

as the end of the year is approaching, I am looking to "clean up" and submit some CPEs for the last year. I have been listening to security podcasts for almost for the whole year, mainly Risky Business. I accumulated 52 hours for the last year. The podcast is almost exclusively security related, so that would qualify as type A credit.

As for evidence, I burn the episodes on RW disks to listen while driving. I have the files stored on my PC and keep track in a spreadsheet. So I can provide a screenshot of my file system and the tracking file. 

I would just like to confirm that my line of thinking is correct here. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

1 Reply
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

I'd recommend anyone who has queries about CPEs that aren't covered in the CPE Handbook watches the Guide to your ISC2 Membership in EMEA - Benefits, Maintenance & Opportunities webinar:

https://www.brighttalk.com/service/player/en-US/theme/default/channel/13279/webcast/331872/play?show...

It should give you a good understanding of ISC2 membership including CPE submissions. (I don't know if they have specific ones for regions other than EMEA but CPE and AMF requirements are the same regardless of region). They update this webinar once or twice a year and I always watch it as it's incredibly useful to keep up to date on any changes, and you even earn 1 Group B CPE for watching it.

In terms of your question about providing a screenshot as evidence, seems reasonable to me. The evidence for the last CPEs I submitted was a photo of an official study guide book for an exam next to my laptop with the screen showing a folder full of suggested reading PDFs for the exam, and a provisional exam pass letter on the laptop keyboard.