Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SamuelSancho
Newcomer I

Technical questions to community

Hi, I do not find any discussion where we can post technical questions and doubts to community. Where can we post a technical question about LAN design or firewall configuration?. It could be a good idea to have an space in community for this topics.

Hope this helps

Samuel

26 Replies
SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Thank you for feedback, @HTCPCP-TEA!

Samantha O'Connor
(ISC)² Online Community Manager
vt100
Community Champion

Absolutely must have it here. Otherwise it is little different from LinkedIn with less participation and is heavily dominated by users reporting exam passing results.

Let's try to make this place a reference for all things security related. Procedural, technical, legal and regulatory advice should be solicited and given here.

Thank you,

Vladimir

SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Thanks for your input, @vt100! I appreciate you taking the time to post your thoughts on this topic. 

I should have more information that I can share on this in the coming weeks, so stay tuned! 

Thanks, 

Samantha O'Connor
vt100
Community Champion

Please create additional section for resources, may be with two subsections: technical and GRC.

This will allow us to create repositories of references that may benefit members of the forum.

If you have an idea for guidelines regarding what should be posted there and in what format, please let me know.

Thank you,

Vladimir

SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Hello @vt100

Thanks for posting about this!  We have another thread going with a similar ask. I'll be merging your post into that one so that you can get updates on this. We should have some more information on this in the coming weeks, but please know this is something we have on our radar. 

Samantha O'Connor
4d4m
Newcomer III

Hi, can you add a "Location" for technical posts/conversations?

Adam

rslade
Influencer II

I think they call it a "board" in "community" parlance.

Somebody else asked for one back in April, but, as you can see ...

Other posts: https://community.isc2.org/t5/forums/recentpostspage/user-id/1324864413

This message may or may not be governed by the terms of
http://www.noticebored.com/html/cisspforumfaq.html#Friday or
https://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/1468
Baechle
Advocate I

bump @4d4m

SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Hello @4d4m (& everyone else in this thread), 

I have merged your post into a larger thread around the same topic. I also wanted to share some news about this topic - on Monday we will be launching a poll on the homepage asking all of your to help us name the new area.  The poll will be up for a few weeks to give enough people the chance to vote, and the board will be live in the Community in July. 

If you have any questions, please let me know. 

Samantha O'Connor
4d4m
Newcomer III

Ah ok, board, got it. I read the title of the drop down and it was location... but thanks. Looks like something is happening in July.