Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SamuelSancho
Newcomer I

Technical questions to community

Hi, I do not find any discussion where we can post technical questions and doubts to community. Where can we post a technical question about LAN design or firewall configuration?. It could be a good idea to have an space in community for this topics.

Hope this helps

Samuel

26 Replies
SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Hi Samuel, 

I wanted to reach out to you to see if I could get some more information about what you are looking for in order look into solutions for the Community. 

Can you tell me, are you looking to report an issue with the Community, or for more of a place to talk with peers and colleagues in the industry about best practices, technical questions, etc? 

If you are looking for the first option - reporting an issue with the Community, we ask that you send those along to community@isc2.org so that we can address any concerns that you have. 

If it is the second option - a place to connect with peers on more technical topics, I would like to ask a few questions to get more details about what you are looking for. Can you tell me what your hopes for this area of the Community would be? For example, would you just be looking for a Q&A style board, where people can come to ask questions and provide answers, or would you also like to see others sharing ideas/projects/best practices?  And finally, I am curious to see what would you call this area of the Community?

Also, if there is anyone else in the Community who is looking for something similar, please feel free to chime in, I would love to hear your thoughts! 

Thanks,

Samantha O'Connor
(ISC)² Online Community Manager
GizmoGotNet
Newcomer I

I agree here -- having a 'technical' forum to bounce questions off the other members would be something I would find valuable.  Sometimes, being able to get rapid responses to questions or even just a quick sanity check on something that you're thinking is invaluable.

SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Thanks for chiming in, @GizmoGotNet! I appreciate it 🙂

I would love to get your input on what you would call this section of Community, too. Feel free to reply here or message me directly. 

Thanks, 

Samantha O'Connor
Deyan
Contributor I

Hey,

Great idea I'd say as well. I've tried to post technical topics in the regular forum a few times and it did work fine but definitely a dedicated tech area would be better.

SamuelSancho
Newcomer I

Hi Samantha, I was thinking in a space where members can share ideas, best practices and also questions and answers, I think it could be a vendor agnostic space where we can talk about technical issues, probably not too deep, and doubts that all of us have sometimes.

Regarding the name, I do not really know but something like:

-Technical Board

-Technical Doubts

or something funny

-" I only know that I know nothing"

Hope this helps

SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Thank you both for replying, @Deyan & @SamuelSancho!

Samantha O'Connor
denbesten
Community Champion

Peer to peer

SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Thank you for posting your input, @denbesten

Samantha O'Connor
HTCPCP-TEA
Contributor I

I'd like to also suggest this as a great idea!

Somewhere that we can all pool questions for everyone to see/contribute toward could breed a wonderful place of reference when working in high pressure environment, or indeed just brushing up. 

I'd keep it semi-lighthearted also, you don't necessarily want to create the next "TechNet".

Cheers