Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cdc
Newcomer III

System Status notifications

@brucebeam, you recently posted that a status page would soon be available, when will it be ready?

"As part of our commitment to increasing transparency we are taking steps toward creating a page on which members can see known issues we are addressing. In an agile manner, we will develop this page over several upcoming sprints and improve it over time. "

Thank you for your efforts to improve the ISC2 information systems.

It would be helpful to have an email to all members about what works for CPE auto and manual submissions as well as an update on the mysterious profile corruption that some have experienced.  I have ceased all CPE work until I know that time won't be wasted chasing down credits that don't appear.  A web page would be a great long term tool.  I would much prefer an email on this status then one more about an upcoming Security Congress since these problems impact my daily life.

Should we expect that all systems are available 24x7?  If not, what is the scheduled availability?

I would also like to see notices about when systems won't be available.  The reason I am stating this is that I have on multiple occasions started submitting CPE's or a learning application to have it fail in the middle.

I have had to go to great lengths to keep Admirals and Generals in the Pentagon happy when implementing new systems so it is no surprise that I expect ISC2 to provide the same or better service as I have provided to my customers.  I need better communication so I can plan my professional life.

I am very frustrated with comments from ISC2 Board Members and other community members that don't want to hear bad news or negative feedback from "we the customer".

2 Replies
brucebeam
ISC2 Former Staff

@cdc 

Thanks for your comments, my response below

@brucebeam
, you recently posted that a status page would soon be available, when will it be ready?

• It is in development now. It should be available within the next two weeks.

"As part of our commitment to increasing transparency, we are taking steps toward creating a page on which members can see known issues we are addressing. In an agile manner, we will develop this page over several upcoming sprints and improve it over time. "

Thank you for your efforts to improve the ISC2 information systems.

• I am also a member and I look at our systems and processes through that lens as well. I am glad to help our members in any way I can.

It would be helpful to have an email to all members about what works for CPE auto and manual submissions as well as an update on the mysterious profile corruption that some have experienced.  I have ceased all CPE work until I know that time won't be wasted chasing down credits that don't appear.  A web page would be a great long term tool.  I would much prefer an email on this status then one more about an upcoming Security Congress since these problems impact my daily life.

• CPE submissions are working. Since the introduction of the new portal, over 1,000,000+ CPEs from 110,000+ unique members have been recorded. We understand some CPE types may have difficulty in submission, and we have launched a CPE portal rewrite which will be completed in December. We held sessions at Security Congress in 2018 and have solicited and received member feedback along with comments and other concerns. We have heard you and will make this experience right for all members! I would encourage you to continue to train and earn CPEs.

Should we expect that all systems are available 24x7?  If not, what is the scheduled availability?

I would also like to see notices about when systems won't be available.  The reason I am stating this is that I have on multiple occasions started submitting CPE's or a learning application to have it fail in the middle.

• All systems are available 24/7 with the exception of brief maintenance windows. The outage in early July only impacted the ability to take payments and did not impact CPEs or any other processes. There is a timeout period for inactivity which may be causing your issue. This has not been reported by other members.

I have had to go to great lengths to keep Admirals and Generals in the Pentagon happy when implementing new systems so it is no surprise that I expect ISC2 to provide the same or better service as I have provided to my customers.  I need better communication so I can plan my professional life.

• I have had to brief many Admirals and Generals myself and I understand completely. We are dedicated to providing the best service possible as we transition to the new systems enabling a much better customer experience. We will continue to work on more robust communications and the known issues page is a good start.

I am very frustrated with comments from ISC2 Board Members and other community members that don't want to hear bad news or negative feedback from "we the customer".

• I will speak for myself and my team. What I will tell you is my team works hard every day to provide you and the other members with the best service possible. We hear bad news on different fronts daily and it is accepted for what it is – feedback on our processes and services. We listen, we care, and we react to correct issues we uncover or are reported. All the while we are striving to improve your experience every day and put better, more resilient processes and services in place to provide you, the member, with a great experience while keeping your data safe. It is why I come to work every day, and I welcome input so we can make it better.

cdc
Newcomer III

@brucebeam,has been 4 weeks since you reported it would be two weeks for the system status to appear in member portal.  What priorities are more important than keeping us updated on system availability?  It is part of building trust to enable customers to have visibility into IT systems.

> you recently posted that a status page would soon be available, when will it be ready?

• It is in development now. It should be available within the next two weeks.