cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CyberRomeo
Viewer II

NO RESULT FOUND

Screen Shot 2020-06-09 at 6.48.09 AM.png

It's been almost a month since I wrote and passed my CAP exam! I still haven't received an email from (ISC)² about the next step. When I try to verify my certification using my exam number, there are no records found. I am not even in the system!!! I have called (ISC)² a couple of times and NO ONE seems to know what is going on!!! At the moment the only proof I have that I even took the test is the print out from the Pearson Vue testing center. I find it very unfortunate that in the middle of a pandemic while other certifying bodies are allowing test takers to take their test in their homes. (ISC)² INSISTS we go to the test centre at the risk of infection and they CANNOT fulfill their part of the deal!!!  

3 Replies
emb021
Advocate I

Passing the exam doesn't get you your certification.  You must go thru the endorsement process and receive your certification.

It sounds like that has not even begun and someone at HQ needs to fix that so you can start the process.

---
Michael Brown, CISSP, HCISPP, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, GSLC, GSTRT, GLEG, GSNA, CIST, CIGE, ISSA Fellow
Beads
Advocate I

Please keep decorum when addressing the board. You are trying to promote yourself as a professional. Grammatically screaming at the ISC(2) moderators and membership isn't going to win many friends to your cause.

Just say'n.

- b/eads

denbesten
Community Champion

That is to be expected.  You are not yet certified, so you will not show up in the certified list.

Certification is a two-step process.  You completed the first, passing the test.  Now it is time to complete the second step, endorsement (see https://www.isc2.org/Endorsement). Not receiving the email is not necessarily a critical problem.  You might be able to complete the endorsement steps even without the email. 

It is also possible that you may have a data-mismatch between PersonVue and (ISC)² that prevented your results from being properly recorded.  Login to PersonVUE and to (ISC)² .  On the PersonVue web site first validate that your exam show up in the exam history.  Then, make sure the following fields match "exactly":  first name, last name, email and member-id.  If there is a typo, you likely will need to have member services correct it on your behalf.