Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shannon
Community Champion

Member Dissatisfaction rising...

Nowadays, the majority of topics on the community tend to be about issues being faced --- often mentioning a lack of member support --- & one of the community moderators has to jump in to assist.

So I have to ask: was this community actually intended to supplement (ISC)2 support? (Because I was under the impression that it was to facilitate the sharing of information and ideas, and promote interaction among IT security professionals.)

It would be understandable if the issues were limited to what (ISC)2 support wasn't able to address --- what's disturbing is that many have stated that (ISC)2 support never responded at all.

If community posts aren't used to gauge criteria such as member satisfaction, I'd suggest that (ISC)2 conduct a survey for the same --- and use the results to determine the priority with which to address issues.

@david-shearer, do have someone update the resolution status of the issues mentioned in this post, for a better idea of where we stand. Thanks.

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

www.linkedin.com/in/shannondcruz
47 Replies
SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Hello @patrickl

I am sorry to hear that you have not been able to get in touch with our Member Support team. I am happy to look into this for you. Can you please send me an email, including your Member ID to community@isc2.org?  Once I have this information I can assist you better.  

Thanks, 

Samantha O'Connor
(ISC)² Online Community Manager
Frank_Mayer
Contributor I

The certifications are definitely a requirement in most cases and a "preferred" in those that do not outright demand a certification.  The outcome is that certifications are mandated in reality.  There are choices of certifications and (ISC)2 is the leader in the higher level certifications, but we are not the only organization that is recognized and CompTIA and SANS have certifications that meet the DoD Directive 8140 policy and DoD 8570 Manual implementation guidance (this in practice is a mandate).  (ISC)2 also has more world-wide recognition.  (ISC)2 is in the end our organization and at least we have this forum to make it better.  The other organizations do not have a real way to have transparent discussions about membership support that is actually part of the credentialing organization like this forum is for us.  Nevertheless, (ISC)2 should strive not only to be the gold standard in terms of certification but in terms of real professional development.   The new focus on online training that is part of the benefits for all members is way ahead of all the other organizations that want to squeeze thousands out of all members in attending their training programs.  Additionally, other credentialing organizations are moving to ONLY their materials being sanctioned or acceptable for certification test preparation.    

Respectfully,

Francis (Frank) Mayer, CISSP EMERITUS
patrickl
Viewer II

From my original email:

I paid my AMF on the 8th (see transaction snippet below) but the portal is now still showing my payment is past due. Any help would be appreciated in resolving this issue.

Member ID: 563072 

image.png

SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Hello @patrickl

I am sorry about this issue you are running into and I want to look into it further. I sent you a Private Message here on the Community to get some more information so that I can better assist you. 

Thanks, 

Samantha O'Connor
(ISC)² Online Community Manager
MikeGlassman
Contributor II

@eparedes_214 

I'm more than glad to finally see an official response of some sort to the many issues so many people (As well as myself in the past) were and are having with the site (main), the community (site) and support as a whole.

I am appreciative of the work being done, and I am sure it is being done, but, and it's a huge but, why does it take so long to get an official response ?

There have been multiple issues, some of which have been fixed, but we (the end users) only discovered the issues were fixed when other members notified us that things seem to be better for them, and when we checked, lo and behold, it had been fixed.

For example, the login issue, which was an issue for far too long (like months too long), should have been addressed by an official message as soon as the many messages on the issue started popping up. The same with many other issues (such as the ongoing one where new members are not getting their official email in the time defined by ISC2).

Officialdom needs to be more member aware and pop in to put up notices regarding issues much more often, not only when things go boom.

Thank you for your response. It helps, but it needs to be followed up regularly with updates.

Sincerely,

Mike Glassman, CISSP
Iguana man
Frank_Mayer
Contributor I

I had the same issue and it finally got resolved after I contacted the (ISC)2 CEO who then energized the organization to address the issue.

Respectfully,

Francis (Frank) Mayer, CISSP EMERITUS
Shannon
Community Champion

More on this: check out this post by @telesguilherme who says that his certification wasn't renewed despite him paying his AMF & meeting CPE requirements because the portal doesn't get updated with the CPEs.

He's contacted support who have confirmed the AMF payment and asked him to provide them with the proof of the CPEs to register --- but nothing happened after that.

As a last resort, he was to be sent an email by them explaining that they couldn't renew the certification due to an issue on their side --- but this hasn't come.

(He's put this in a timeline)

Frankly, I didn't think this could get any worse, but I guess I was wrong...  Man Sad

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

Shannon
Community Champion

In another thread, we were lamenting about (ISC)2 upgrading the site without properly testing it, but may have gone too far, coz now it seems they're taking testing way too seriously...

This post mentions that they attempted to gauge member satisfaction with support --- without providing it. Man LOL

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP