Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CraginS
Defender I

Inserting Links in Posts - Please Change Default

Please have the Community site contractor modify the default option when inserting links to Open in new page instead of the current  Open in current page default.  Community members are more likely to want to see the linked pages as supplements while continuing reading the posts and threads, than to leave the community site to see the linked pages.

Thank you.

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
4 Replies
Shannon
Community Champion

@CraginS, I wish I'd observed that too --- all this time I'd been simply creating linking other pages assuming that they'd open up in new page, and I've just realized that isn't the case...

I wonder if it would make sense for an additional board / location to be created for any posts relating to reporting bugs or making changes to the site, perhaps under Member Support itself...

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

www.linkedin.com/in/shannondcruz
SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Thank you for bringing this up, @CraginS.  I am working with our vendor to see if we can implement this behavior on the Community  - I definitely agree that opening in a new window would be the preferred method. 

Samantha O'Connor
(ISC)² Online Community Manager
SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Wanted to give a quick update here. We're working on this with our vendor and due to the US holiday today, we will be moving forward next week. I'll provide more detailed information then about when to expect the change.

Thanks,
Samantha O'Connor
SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Hello everyone, 

This change is on the Community.  When inserting links the default is to open in a new window. You can still choose to have them open in the same window; however, in order to do so you will need to change the setting in the window that appears. 

If you have any questions, please let me know. 

Best, 

Samantha O'Connor