Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeGlassman
Contributor II

ISC2 membership web site remodeling competition

Nope, sorry, this is not an actual thing.

But it should be.

Every change that has been made to the membership web site in the last year and a half, has made things more difficult, less user friendly, and has made many of us scratch our heads and ask... wtf. imo of course.

I spend less time on the site now then I used to, and if it weren't for the community which I enjoy (even if it is seemingly only inhabited by a few people), I wouldn't even connect unless I couldn't find what I wanted elsewhere.

Time that ISC lifts it's head out of the sand and either finally gets it, and fixes things so that the web site of such an esteemed organization mirrors the technological know-how and abilities it is supposed to show, works in a way that ensures the members like using it, find it easy to navigate, can log-in to all the different sub sites (community and learning for example) using the same credentials they logged into the main web site with, and please, oh lord please, someone get rid of the horrendous changes made to the CPE section.

If not, then open up for a competition among members, allowing those that can (for pay of course), design a modern, working, friendly, enjoyable web site experience. I'd be glad part of my new costs went towards that.

It shouldn't be that difficult to do, and the designs which the respondents give, can be voted on by the membership at large, the winner being given a specific time to get things working either by fixing the current site, or building a completely new one from scratch.

Either way, It's about time someone listened to the members and did something about it.

It's shameful to say the least as it stands right now.

Sincerely,

Mike Glassman, CISSP
Iguana man
30 Replies
amandavanceISC2

All,

If anyone is running into errors or not able to pay, please email me directly at avance@isc2.org using your primary email address on file and provide your member ID number.

Best Regards,

Amanda 

Scottmage
Newcomer I

I wonder if they have heard of

Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
The U.S. Department of Defense is commited to making its electronic and information technologies accessible to individuals with disabilities in accordance with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act (29 U.S.C § 794d), as amended in 1999.

We have to post it on the site I help support - AND we have to be compliant as well.
Scottmage
Newcomer I

Ma'am,

Thank you for providing an email that may actually be answered. I have attempted to call for the last several weeks since I need a copy of my current CISSP Certificate for a job that I interviewed for last week that requires it.

I attempted to print it a few days after I paid back in May and all of my CPEs were accepted. I know there is a process delay, however, after the site was updated, I now see that I am Past Due on my Maintenance Fees and my date awarded is very incorrect:

"Awarded
December 31, 9999"

I have sent a few emails to membersupport@isc2.org, however, no response as yet. Maybe it is due to the holiday last week.

Thank you again for your assistance.
Frank_Mayer
Contributor I

I had the same issue.  How come (ISC)2 member services will not acknowledged that the roll out to the new system has serious issues?  

Respectfully,

Francis (Frank) Mayer, CISSP EMERITUS
Frank_Mayer
Contributor I

Amanda,

Thank you for stepping up to address this issue.  Please note that you did get me a response but my record still shows as not paid. The indication gets fixed and then goes back to show erroneously that I am not paid.

I sent you an e-mail you with my number and the details.

Respectfully,

Frank_Mayer
Contributor I

Join the club.

Respectfully,

Frank_Mayer
Contributor I

You are spot on! To top it off the membership verification site att https://webportal.isc2.org/custom/certificationverification.aspx has been down for at least two days and the digital badges from Aclaim showing our skilss and verification are broken now after working for years.

Respectfully,

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

I think the old verification tool and the old AMF payment page were the last remnants of the old site. Now the old payment page is gone, I believe the old verification tool has now also been retired - RIP.

The new verification tool can be found here:

https://www.isc2.org/MemberVerification

As with most of the "upgrades" from the old site to the new, it's nice looking but less functional than the one it replaced. With the old one you could send a link with your name and member ID prepopulated. Can't do that with the new one.

Frank_Mayer
Contributor I

Thank you for letting us know. They need to let us all in on this change https://www.isc2.org/MemberVerification 

Respectfully,

Frank_Mayer
Contributor I

I tested the new site and it works https://www.isc2.org/MemberVerification 

Respectfully,