Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcontesti
Community Champion

(ISC)2 Board of Directors election

I am personally dismayed that the candidates on this year's board ballot have not stopped by to chat with the membership.

I know that Wim Remes posted several questions that he would like to see the potential candidates answer but have seen no response.

Anyone else concerned?

15 Replies
dcontesti
Community Champion

@denbesten wrote:

I like that approach better.  Same message, delivered much more strongly,

Are you perhaps interested in a write-in run at it?

The last time, I threw my hat in the ring, there were those that said I was not a good choice, at that time, I threw my hat in so that a woman might be put on the ballot.

As I am always game for most things, if folks want to write my name in, that would be fine.  However with a write-in, the names have to be identical otherwise the name is counted separately (so D.L. Contesti and Diana Contesti would be counted as two separate people).

If folk decide to write my name on the ballot, please use Diana Contesti.

Regards

dcontesti
Community Champion

@Kaity wrote:
Hello all! We're planning an election-specific board which will be opened tomorrow.

Great news.  A little late in the process but good to see.

DavidMelnick
Newcomer II

I would love to engage, but i am embarassed to say it is more a technical user problem that I had never taken the time to figure out how this platform works. However I recognize the importance, as it is one of a small number of ways we can directly all engage across our community.
David Melnick, Candidate
DavidMelnick
Newcomer II

Shannon, I would always be available for direct communication, but agree we should have forums that work. David Melnick, Candidate
DavidMelnick
Newcomer II

Your comment is fair, but having been on the Board, I think the Board suffered a bit from putting gags on individual members to ensure we all spoke as one board. I think this became a problem that should be corrected. Board Members need the freedom to engage. David Melnick, Candidate
CraginS
Defender I

@DavidMelnick wrote:
Your comment is fair, but having been on the Board, I think the Board suffered a bit from putting gags on individual members to ensure we all spoke as one board. I think this became a problem that should be corrected. Board Members need the freedom to engage. David Melnick, Candidate

David, this is an extremely disturbing statement. I ask that you and all candidates deal with the issue in the thread

Board Members Gagged! Denied Comms with Members!

in the 2019 Election Forum.

@dcontesti & @rslade please see my plea to you each in that thread.

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts