Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MatthewSimon
Newcomer I

Certification and Account Suspended for no reason

I have held a CISSP Certifiation since 2008. I have never been late on payments or fees. I logged into my account today to pay my annual service fee only to be greeted by a banner saying both my certification and account have been suspended. What is this garbage? Another CISSP in my office has the same situation. I tried to call your support numbers only to be greeted why and answering machine. Sort yourselves ISC2. This is piss poor support and action on your part. 

19 Replies
Shannon
Community Champion

A lot of members expressed discontent about this multiple times, recently in this thread; if you check it out you'll see that (ISC)2 has responded to provide an explanation. However, the final message seems to be:

'You'll just have to be patient'

(That's how I've interpreted it; see what you conclude)

I tried to call your support numbers only to be greeted why and answering machine. Sort yourselves ISC2.

Assuming they're actually addressing the member support issue, I hope the strategy isn't to equip themselves with more answering machines...  Man Wink

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

www.linkedin.com/in/shannondcruz
Kaity
Community Manager

Hello Matthew,

Starting January 23, 2019, (ISC)² began notifying members of our new AMF policy and schedule. Members who did not align their accounts with the new policy by June 30 are currently suspended. To reinstate your certification please log in to www.isc2.org and complete the form at www.isc2.org/reinstatement and Member Services will assist you as soon as possible. If you feel your account was suspended in error, please private message me your member ID and email address, and I will ask the team to confirm your account status.

Thank you! 

CraginS
Defender I

@Kaity wrote:

Hello Matthew,

Starting January 23, 2019, (ISC)² began notifying members of our new AMF policy and schedule. Members who did not align their accounts with the new policy by June 30 are currently suspended. To reinstate your certification please log in to www.isc2.org and complete the form at www.isc2.org/reinstatement and Member Services will assist you as soon as possible. If you feel your account was suspended in error, please private message me your member ID and email address, and I will ask the team to confirm your account status.

Thank you! 

Matthew @MatthewSimon also note the new info as of July 17 that because of the mess, the $600 reinstatement fee is being waived. See the announcement from @eparedes_214 of the

(ISC)² Team   in the post at

An Update on Our New Association Management System 

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
AppDefects
Community Champion

@MatthewSimon wrote:

I tried to call your support numbers only to be greeted why and answering machine. Sort yourselves ISC2. 

MEMBERSHIP SUPPORT MUST BE REAL PEOPLE ACTUALLY ANSWERING THE PHONE AND NOT HAVING YOUR MESSAGE GO INTO A BLACK HOLE. HOW MANY TIMES DO MEMBERS HAVE TO COMPLAIN? HIRE MORE PEOPLE OR OUTSOURCE.

FIX IT @david-shearer WHO SERVES AT THE DISCRETION OF THE BOD.

Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Here’s an early iteration of BOD, I took away from it that things tend to be specific people, and re... Maybe.

A lot of folk at ISC2 Secure Summit in HK didn’t seem too worried about the AMF/support gift/blip/debacle/diabolical liberty*, but that was a small sample and one that’s self selected, it also seems that the forums are also a pretty small sample so it would be good to get ISC2 to share the stats for impact and types with the membership. Of corse no big red banners likely as well as they all saw them from watching the site...

My feeling is the money is not so bad for most as the annoyance, and a decent wash-up is going to be useful. Outsourcing source seems like a very sensible suggestion.

*depending on impact/perception/ how many certs/Personal Level of Uniform Miffability Speciale 

Jerryjcharles
Newcomer I

Two reinstatement requests and two weeks later and still waiting for a call back... What is going on? This is embarrassing for ISC2. I too never missed my dues only to log in and be greeted by big ol' FU in the face.
Kaity
Community Manager

Hi Jerry - I apologize for our slower-than-normal response times. If you'd like to PM me your member ID #, I can see if I can expedite your case?
MatthewSimon
Newcomer I

So I did get my certification and access re-instated. I would like to thank Kaity for all the help she provided to me to expedite this. I would however like to complain about the fact that a company whose bread and butter is information security asks for credit card information including CVV number over the phone. 

denbesten
Community Champion

@MatthewSimon wrote:

...credit card information including CVV number over the phone. 

Some of us feel that using a credit card over the phone offers less opportunity for 3rd party interception as compared to entering them on a web site.  If you want to further protect your money, you might consider using your bank's bill-pay mechanism.

I'm guessing that in the end, the "no reason" was an overdue account.  You might want to look into why you did not get the bulk mailings over the past few months warning about the off-cycle payment requirement.  Places to check are the "email preferences" on the (ISC)² web site and your "bulk mail" folder. 

Hey, while you are here, check out the "industry news" and other discussion boards.  There is more to the community than just member support.