Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CraginS
Defender I

CPE Portal Still a Mess - Nov 2018

This is a fresh start thread so members can stay current on the ongoing saga of what a mess the CPE portal is and has been since last spring.

The primary (but not sole) thread on this topic is now exactly seven months old and still going strong, having initiated on April 10, 2018, with posts as recent as today, November 10:

Updated CPE Portal & Annual requirements

Interested parties  include @rslade@ljschneiter@Ben_Malisow@Flyslinger2@eparedes_214@SamanthaO_isc2@amandavanceISC2 and many others. 

One current problem with the CPE portal is the initial opening; the CPE page hangs with a nearly unending "Loading..." circle.  My tests this morning suggest a problem with the Single Sign On (SSO) relationship mediated at isc2org.okta.com once a member has signed in at www.isc.org and then selected the View/Edit CPEs link from the Members dropdown menu. On one try this morning it took three minutes to resolve and open; on  subsequent try I gave up after five minutes.

Another problem currently happening is a mismatch between information on the dashboard page and the actual details available on the View and Active Transcript selections. In my case, all three agree that i have 55% of my CPE accrued (66 credits against 120 required), which matches my personal records. However, my dashboard has a red flag indicating an open CPE audit. WHen I click the Respond To Audit link, the results page accurately shows "Status: Audit Passed," thus I do not have any CPE in audit. 

Good luck to the (ISC)2 staff on getting the CPE portal team to understand and put into play actual testing of new code before implementing it, as well as making sure the code implements the proper policies and logic rules. Also, they might cross-check the SSO intermediary processes among www, cpe, and Okta sites.

Finally data point: I tried logging in directly at https://cpe.isc2.org. 

The isc2org.okta.com intercepted my login (that is OK) and accepted my username and password. but then told me I needed to create my account for CPE Portal -Prod.

Hmmm.. that is not right; it means it wants me to give me an admin account for the CPE portal.

Shall I try for that and see if I get one?

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
6 Replies
lutemake4
Viewer II

I just had the same issue, while checking for my renewal date and CPE totals, as my renewal is due in December.  I got the spinning wheel of death and no response, regardless of OS/Browser. I've got to admit that I'm having some trouble understanding why a seven month-old issue involving basic functionality on a security organization's site is still not fixed.  

Any attempts to navigate to links like "My Transactions" throw the following error::

"Unable to Redirect to Web Portal, Session could not be established"

Does anyone know if the issue related to the new code, 3rd party vendors/Okta, or the backend DB?  Also, does anyone know how many  members are still affected?  Has there been an official response from ISC^2 on the issue?

Ronnie Banks, CISSP

ron.banks@rwbanks.com

amandavanceISC2

@CraginS & @lutemake4, Thank you for your posts. Please note, we are working on a few improvements and the loading error, etc. should be corrected shortly. In regards to the dashboard, this will also be updated around beginning 2019. The dashboard is currently showing the annual requirements which are no longer being enforced. Once updated, the dashboard will show your three-year renewal requirements. 

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

istipovic
Viewer

Update from 21.02.2019 -portal has at least two issues that , in my humble view, represent fundamental functionalities:

a) login sometimes does not work - it is not that it displays wrong password/username , it just does nothing!

b) After I try to submit the CPE (Not offered by ISC2->Education->webinars, enter everything) and click "Save and Continue" - nothing happens. Nothing happens with IE/Firefox/Chrome - all updated versions. Then I click "Save and Exit", which does not save anything.

So, to restate the frustration expressed over a number of posts - is there any chance we may encounter a functional portal any time soon?

Regards

Ivica

j00ris
Viewer

Update from 27.02.2019: I tried exactly the same thing as Ivica's point b), with Firefox/Chrome/Edge. The page gets stuck loading and I cannot enter my CPEs. 

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion
anothername
Newcomer I

7 months later and still a mess. 

Why is it hard to link the different sites. Dashboard view doesn't show my CPE credits that portal shows as being accepted after 3 business days.

I am sure it will update at some point, but I don't understand how different parts of the site can be disconnected the way they are. 

I understand that maybe it takes time to synchronize between 3rd party sites like Pearson-Vue, but for the money that ISC2 collects, why can't CPE status show correctly on the dashboard within a few hours of CPEs getting accepted/approved?