Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
navzen2000
Newcomer II

CISSP official Result not received

I have received a printed letter from Pearson after my exam stating CISSP provisionally pass on July 27. Am eagerly waiting for an official communication on the results. Seeking your kind help here.
40 Replies
ramadji
Newcomer II

@navzen2000I have just tried following your suggestion and I'm getting the following message when I enter my last name as the name of the endorser: "Member information entered is not valid." - I'm a valid member of the (ISC)2 and holder of the CCSP. What did you enter for "Last name of the endorser"? Did you enter the name of someone else who's your endorser or your own last name? Given that you said you self-endorsed yourself, I assume you entered your last name in that field. Correct?

IMHO, (ISC)2 should be more responsive and make this process a little bit less complex, cumbersome. Especially for those who already hold another (ISC)2 certification.

Thanks.

Ramadji D.
M.Sc., CISSP, CISM, CCSP
navzen2000
Newcomer II

@ramadji I do not think that one can use one's own name/ self-endorse oneself.

(ISC)2 gives us two options for endorsement:

1. Someone other than self, who is an active (ISC)² credential holder

2.  Request (ISC)² to endorse your application

In my case, i exercised Option #2. You can do the same in your case as well, in case you do not know anyone who can endorse you. The purpose of this proactive endorsement is to save the turn around time.

Like you and many other friends here, am too waiting for the official mail from (ISC)2 to confirm our provisional result beyond the regular wait period. Its really unfortunate that (ISC)2 has been unresponsive to all our mails, perhaps the responsible members are on vacation and will read our mails after coming back.Lets stay hopeful, fingers crossed 😞

MikeGlassman
Contributor II

You are not alone in this boat sadly.

You are supposed to get the email withing 72 hours of passing the exam.

Good luck with that.

Lately, people have been waiting for way over that period, and it's all down to the fact that the support has for some reason, lessened, and instead of people getting replies immediately as in the past, sometimes it can take ages.

I have a colleague in the same boat as you, and I am going to attempt the endorsement path with her as well and see if that has any effect.

Don't worry though, you are a CISSP. They simply forgot to tell you 🙂

Sincerely,

Mike Glassman, CISSP
Iguana man
ramadji
Newcomer II

@MikeGlassman @navzen2000 Thank you both for your responses and suggestions. Much appreciated.

Ramadji D.
M.Sc., CISSP, CISM, CCSP
kylewang2
Viewer II

I'm in the same boat as you.  Provisionally passed on Saturday, 7/27.  I sent the support email a note in the late afternoon on 8/2 and still waiting on response.

Kyle W.

CISM, CISA, CIPP/US

ramadji
Newcomer II

@kylewang2 Still haven’t received a response from Member Support after my email too.

I wish you the best of luck as you wait to hear from someone at (ISC)2. It’s pretty disappointing that nobody is bothering to provide answers to members who have legitimate questions. Are things completely broken down? I hope not. The bottom line is that it’s not good customer service no matter what the justifications are. And it’s not good for the organization’s image and reputation, in terms of customer support. 

As far as I’m concerned, I followed @navzen2000‘s suggestion today and was able to submit my endorsement application. And my endorser who already endorsed me for the CCSP last year was very responsive. The application has already been approved. So, everything is now in (ISC)2’s hands. I got an email telling me to wait 4-6 weeks. If I don’t hear back after 6 weeks, (ISC)2 suggests contact Member Support. 

Once again, my best wishes to you and a great amount of patience.

Best regards,

Ramadji D.
M.Sc., CISSP, CISM, CCSP
justinwhitaker
Viewer III

I provisionally passed the CISSP exam on July 27. I intended to become an Associate of (ISC)2. I never heard back, despite the letter saying it should only take 2-5 business days. My letter did not mention anything about waiting 4-6 weeks as I hear some peoples letters did. I emailed (ISC)2 and called them and haven't been able to get into any contact with a human. I feel like I wasted $600.

Jarred_LeFebvre
Community Manager

@justinwhitaker 

Congratulations on your provisional pass of the exam. I apologize for the delay in responding to your question. If you could private message me your full name and primary email address, I will check with Member Services on the status of your account. The 4-6 week timetable you referenced may be for the endorsement process for earning full certification. Earning your associate designation is a more streamline process.

navzen2000
Newcomer II

Still no official communication on results 😞
PaulDouras
Viewer III

Same here, I provisionally passed the CCSP exam on 30 July, I can see the result in the Pearson Vue portal but still no confirmation email received from (ISC)2. I would have thought this process was fully automated but it seems they are building another backlog.