cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scared_candidat
Viewer II

CISSP Passed

Guys

I just passed my CISSP and cant wait to tell everyone I passed. Until I get my certificate, is it illegal to tell employers I passed? Honestly, I cant wait 8 weeks of waiting. Why does it take so long?

2 Replies
emb021
Advocate I

You can certainly post on social media that you passed the test, and tell current and potential employees.

What ISC2 does NOT want people to do is give the impress they have the CISSP when they've only passed the test.  There is still having the experience and passing the endorsement that is needed.  So they aren't too cool with putting 'passed the test' on your resume as it could give the false impression you have the cert.

Same goes with Associate status.  It's "Associate of ISC2".  Its not "Associate CISSP" or the like.

---
Michael Brown, CISSP, HCISPP, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, GSLC, GSTRT, GLEG, GSNA, CIST, CIGE, ISSA Fellow
Kaity
Community Manager

Correct! Please feel free to shout from the rooftops that you passed the CISSP exam! It's a HUGE accomplishment! But you can't officially call yourself an (ISC)² member or CISSP-certified just yet. You'll have to get through the endorsement process, and that does take 5-6 weeks.

But congratulations!!