cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prakharkaushik
Newcomer I

CISSP Official Result not received and Endorsement Errors

Hi,

My name is Prakhar and I have provisionally passed my CISSP examination on January 31, 2020. However, until now, I have not received any official communication from (ISC)2.

My Pearson Vue account was linked with initial email address, which I changed to current email address in April 2019. I made reservation for my examination with current email address on January 2, 2020 and received booking and payment receipt notifications on this email address itself.

Upon passing my examination, I was provided with a provisionally passed notification by the proctor at the centre. This notification indicated that an official communication will be provided within 2 to 5 working days. However, nothing has been provided until now. I have already emailed the team at membersupportemea@isc2.org to seek help and guidance.

Further, I have attempted to submit my endorsement application for review of the Board and the portal indicates an error that I should have passed the examination in last 9 months. It is an unsual state where an email account update was made gracefully and subsequent notifications were received on new email address, yet there's no official communication and a persistent roadblock in submitting endorsement application.

After spending great amount of effort reading and learning and ofcourse passing the examination (provisionally), getting to encounter such trivial issues is disappointing.

I hope someone will invest efforts in streamlining this process without candidates having to write to Support Teams. And, hopefully getting through this situation won't exhaust 9 months period of submitting the Endorsement Application.

Kind Regards,

Prakhar

14 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Call Member Services.

You can find their contact details at the bottom of this site or the main ISC2 site.

NB - don't leave a voicemail as they're subject to the same multiple week wait for a response you get when sending an email - keep calling until you speak with someone.

prakharkaushik
Newcomer I

Hi Alec,

Thank you for taking out time to read my question and recommend this step. I have tried calling them continuously for about an hour now and have not been able to get through to them.

Is this usual that they will not take calls easily (just as they do not respond to emails and voicemails) or am I misunderstanding something? Also, in your knowledge, is there SLA on resolution with such requests?

Kind Regards,

Prakhar

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Today is a holiday in the US so perhaps that has something to do with it if you're calling the US number. Also, I'm not aware of any SLAs.

I always found the best time to call was first thing in the morning.

prakharkaushik
Newcomer I

Thank you for your time. In this case, I will try again tomorrow morning.
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Good luck - I hope you get everything sorted out soon! 

MarkAS
Viewer

For what it is worth, I am in the EXACT same situation.  I passed the exam on February 7th and received an email from (ISC)2 saying congratulations, etc.  Go here to start the endorsement process.  I get right to the end where I sign and then it tells me they have no record of me passing the test.  I called the test center and they confirmed my results were sent over to (ISC)2.  I've emailed and left voicemails but have yet to talk to a live person when trying to call multiple times multiple days.  Everyone must be busy.  I hope you get it cleared up as to the cause of the Endorsement troubles.

Caridad

Hello Prakhar,

I am sorry you are have having such difficulties. Can you please contact me at cvega@isc2.org and I will be glad to assist. When emailing me, please provide your primary email address and ID number. Thank you. 

prakharkaushik
Newcomer I

Big thanks to Caridad and Lori for their quick help on this request and identifying the root cause for my issue. Apparently, my ISC2 ID has been associated with a different email address all this time, even though examination was booked with different email address.

I have now been able to submit my Endorsement Application and hope to get through remaining steps in the process soon. Thanks ISC2 Team. 🙂
prakharkaushik
Newcomer I

Thank you Mark. (ISC)2 Team has helped me through with the issue and endorsement application is now submitted for review. Thanks again for your time here.