cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slmnrdm
Newcomer I

CISSP Exam Book, current one? and discount process

Hi guys,

I want to buy CISSP stud guide and practise books seen on the isc2 website (https://www.isc2.org/Training/Self-Study-Resources). My plan is to study the book (guide) and the complete the practise exam 2 times. I have some questions about my plan and some other details.

1 - Do you think finisihg the book totally (stduy guide) and solving all te questions on the practise exams book would be enough for the exam? (Assume a person who has CISA and I am an average IT auditor)

2- On this link (https://www.isc2.org/Training/Self-Study-Resources) there are 2 study guides, one of them is named "Official (ISC)² Guide to the CISSP CBK, Fifth Edition" other one's name is "Official (ISC)² CISSP Study Guide - New!". Which one is the current study guide? Even the second one says it is new, when i searched both of them in amazon it says the first one is the newest. Or maybe they have the same content? Could you please let me know because I would like to buy one of them If they are so similar and one is enough for the exam. 

3- On the same link for the study guide book named ""Official (ISC)² Guide to the CISSP CBK, Fifth Edition"; it says that "members can have a discount (ISC)² Membersclick herefor your 50% discount code.".

But, the interesting thing is; if you want to be a member you have to pass the exam, if you want to pass the exam, you sohuld probably take the study materials, while you are trying to buy the preparing materials it says you have to be a member which accordingly means that you sohuld already have passed the exam before you study for the exam!! I got confused some 🙂

Why would I buy a exam study guide after passing the same exam ? It does not make sense. Am I missing somehing?

Thanks for your replies,

Regards,

Suleyman

2 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Hi,

There's plenty of posts on here about various methods to study for and pass the CISSP including many book recommendations, so I'll leave you to search through those for yourself. I just wanted to answer your third point...

ISC2 has 6 individual certifications: CAP, CCSP, CISSP, CSSLP, HCISSP and SSCP. Passing any of those exams and going through the endorsement process will make you a member.

Obviously, if you've already passed the CISSP you're unlikely to want to purchase more CISSP study material - unless you're a trainer. So the discount for the CISSP study material would generally be used by a member who holds one of the other certifications but now wants to study for the CISSP.

slmnrdm
Newcomer I

Hi AlecTrevelyan,

Thank you for your quick and kind reply about the discount process.