cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tarunmakkar
Viewer

CISSP Associate or SSCP

Hi,

I have experience in IT Industry with knowledge in Information Security upto some extend.

I am not sure from where i should start..

As ISC2 Associate or SSCP or CISSP

If i want to be ISC2 Associate first then what all i need to do, how should i start?

Thanks & Regards

Tarun Makkar

3 Replies
wimremes
Contributor III

Hi Tarun,

First off, Associate of (ISC)2 is a designation that can be obtained for any of the (ISC)2 certifications. It means that you have passed the exam but can not satisfy the certification requirements at the time of passing the exam. From there, you have 3 years to meet those requirements. In most cases this would be the required years of experience.

Your choice between CISSP and SSCP is a totally different conundrum. It largely depends on where you see yourself evolve over the next few years. Where CISSP is targeted at the generalist security practitioner that touches all aspects of the business (from management to technical), the SSCP is meant for the more hands-on practitioner. 

It should not be a question of which one you can get faster but more a question of where you see yourself evolve throughout your career. 

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Wim

Sic semper tyrannis.
sarita_basnet
Newcomer II

The (ISC)2 Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) is a terrific entry-level information security certification, and it is the ideal precursor for the much sought after Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).

CraginS
Defender I

@wimremes wrote:

... Associate of (ISC)2 is a designation that can be obtained for any of the (ISC)2 certifications. It means that you have passed the exam but can not satisfy the certification requirements at the time of passing the exam.

For an extended comment on Associate of (ISC)2 see my blog:

https://cragins.blogspot.com/2018/08/understanding-associate-of-isc2-status.html

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts