Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shannon
Community Champion

Q - Who..?

I'm sure that by now a lot of you guys have received an invitation to join the mysterious Initiative Q. While I'm generally skeptical about things like this, I thought I'd take a look, 'coz it was from a colleague in IT...

The only thing that came to mind was the character Q from Star Trek -The Next Generation --- yes, I used to watch that --- so I tried looking it up online, & found some info on Wikipedia,  ForbesVox, and Digital Spy.

There's little info besides describing it as a digital currency payment network that's the brainchild of Saar Wilf. Though it brings to mind pyramid & ponzi schemes --- and thus scams ---  given that there's nothing required besides registering with an email address I figured there wasn't much to loose. (Names and email addresses are already just about everywhere, courtesy of Google and Facebook)

This was reminiscent of a bit-torrent tracker site called Demonoid, where membership was at times limited to invites.

Until there's some more information available, I'll have to contend with my memories of Star Trek...

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

www.linkedin.com/in/shannondcruz
0 Replies