Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beads
Advocate I

How will the current pandemic affect testing centers?

Basically a series of open questions. Any thoughts post pandemic?

• Will testing centers feel the need to expand existing space
  • Will six feet between testing stations become the norm?
  • How long after isolation will the backlog continue/when do you see a normal ability to register for an exam?
  • With all the chatter about changing into new fields and pent up demand for certs from both entrenched practitioners and folks wanted to enter fields as "freshers", do you expect any impact on availability?
  • Do you expect to see many "new" entrants to the field with little to no experience looking for entry level positions?

Just mulling what testing may look like when we get going again. Part of my professional development requires me to finish a couple of Azure exams this year which is when I started thinking about testing centers. Some how I think Dante himself would smile at what I imagined.

Love to hear your thoughts as well,

- b/eads

1 Reply
denbesten
Community Champion

The various walls, windows and doors that already exist for cheating-control in testing centers already serve as a good mitigating control for social-distancing.  My guess is that we will see a few tweaks, but nothing major.

More concerning is keyboards/mice.  They do not clean very well.   Maybe they need keyboard-sized neuralizers, like we now have for mobile phones. 

Like everywhere else, demand upon reopening will be unpredictable. Most all of the 500+ companies for which Person Vue offers testing probably will be balancing a significant backlog against life-safety concerns.  The one good thing is that all tests are scheduled so there will not be physical lines -- just a greater need to plan ahead.