Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
medeng
Newcomer II

Retaking CC (Certified in Cybersecurity)

Greeting All,

I recently failed to pass my first experience taking the ISC2 exam for CC. I have BSc in Computer Science and am three-time AWS certified. My exam report I got from ISC2 says my weakest domain area is "Security Operations" and "Security Principles" are below proficiency. My question is ...

1) Other than the self-paced course content of ISC2 and Mike Chapple's video course; is there any other resource and practice exam that anyone would suggest before I sit for the exam again? 

2) Is there any beneficial option other than buying the ISc2 bundle (SELF-PACED + EXAM + EXTRAS: U.S.      $199*) to register for the exam? If not...

3) The (SELF-PACED + EXAM + EXTRAS: U.S. $199*) bundle explicitly describes that there is

• Two opportunities to pass the exam. When I try to check out the payment process the exam voucher quantity is only one. Is this okay or did I miss any steps? @AndreaMoore 

4) When I pass my CC exam I was planning to apply for an entry level security or cloud security job in the market to get experience in the industry. is that feasible with all my certification but no experience?

Thanks in advance

• cc
5 Replies
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@medeng wrote:

3) The (SELF-PACED + EXAM + EXTRAS: U.S. $199*) bundle explicitly describes that there is

• Two opportunities to pass the exam. When I try to check out the payment process the exam voucher quantity is only one. Is this okay or did I miss any steps? @AndreaMoore 

@medeng When you purchase the bundle, you'll receive one voucher. If you need the second attempt, you'll need to contact customer service https://www.isc2.org/contact-us. 

ISC2 Community Manager
medeng
Newcomer II

After doing that, will I be asked for an additional fee to get the second attempt or Is that free of charge?

Phropels
Newcomer I

Hi @medeng . First of all GOOD LUCK for your next try.

There are some webinars called "SSCP Webcast Series" available in BrightTalk. Those videos helped me to delve into some topics.

Good luck!

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

If the promo bundle says it includes two vouchers then you won't have to pay for the second voucher.  It's just a more manual process to give it to you so you'll need to the contact support team. 

ISC2 Community Manager
mayank8888
Viewer II

I failed the free attempt.can I apply for another free voucher or retake with same old promocode?