Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gurulee
Newcomer I

PMP eligibility requirements

Anyone been through the PMI PMP certification eligibility requirements and application process that could share their experience?
Community Champion

I found that documenting my program management experience in order to prove eligibility to take the exam took me more time then studying, except for the mandatory week long class. That was a number of years ago, not sure how it is today.

StevenJ6052
Newcomer III

It has been several years since I went through the process and it may have changed, but I remember it being very similar to the CISSP experience verification except I seem to remember doing prior to the exam instead of post exam.I remember listing at list 5 years of experience and needing to have somebody with direct knowledge of each "experience" validate the information that I provided was accurate. In my case this was quite simple, as I had been with the same company in a management role for more than the required time. As my experience was as federal contractor, I simply stated that project specific details could not be shared.

I seem to remember everything being straight forward, then again, most things appear more pleasant and straight forward after a few years.

Good Luck

sarfaraz_k
Viewer II

I met the PMI PMP Certification eligibility criteria, which required three years of project management experience, 35 hours of education, and a bachelor's degree. I applied online through the PMI website, submitted my application, and paid the fee.

My application went through an audit, where I had to provide additional documentation to verify my experience. Once the audit was successful, I received eligibility confirmation and scheduled my exam.

On exam day, I completed 180 multiple-choice questions in four hours and received preliminary results immediately, confirming my pass.