Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nasimakhtar
Newcomer I

**No final program badge for the certificates' program - Your opinion?**

While there are individual certificate badges for the 3 certificates within the "Risk Management Practitioner Certificate Program" however there is no final program badge upon completion of all three certificates. The final program badge is required since its evident that the individual badges are "milestones" and not getting the final badge feels like there is no reward at the end upon the completion of all the requirements of the program. 

From a student's side, there is no motivation to complete all the certificates.

So to summarize the certificate program is a good product and the modular nature of the program is its strength but the same is marred by the poor decision to not issue the final badge upon completion of all requirements. This is not mentioned on the ISC2 website, please exercise your judgment before signing up for the certificate program. As I stated before there is no reward for completing all the certificates in the program so please don't act on an assumption like I did.

Please voice your opinion by responding to this thread. 

9 Replies
dcontesti
Community Champion

My Opinion only.

I do not think discouraging folks from improving themselves in any manner is a good thing.

I reviewed the website and where the badges are displayed, NO where is there a statement that you will receive an overall badge, nor is one displayed.

You state there is "No Reward"????? I really question that.  Is not the reward being able to say to your employer, I did finish these three certificates and I am hoping to work towards the CAP (CGRC) certification not to mention the fact that you (if a CISSP or other certification) can accumulate CPEs.

So I disagree with you assertion but others may have an alternate opinion.

Regards

nasimakhtar
Newcomer I

Read the title of the thread.

> I didn't say "No reward", do you see "No Final Reward"? Also I clearly stated "no reward for completing all the certificates in the program. So I was very clear.

> I am not discouraging, you can see the title, I clearly mentioned "Opinion". Also I stated "please exercise your judgment before signing up". I have the right to advise.

ISC2 is rewarding the final badge for Cloud Security Program (https://www.credly.com/org/isc2/badge/isc2-cloud-security-certificate-program) but not for the Risk Practioner Program. This is the problem.

So now you see that you have neither read my post properly nor have you understood it since you didn't do a background search but commented with a judgemental tone. 

denbesten
Community Champion

You asked for opinions; Dianne responded with hers in a well-reasoned way and in a calm tone.  Further, I happen to agree with her.  The rewards are plentiful for nearly every educational activity.  By increasing one's scope of knowledge, one finds it easier to do their job and to be more desirable to employers.  One also tends to learn that others depend upon those that "have all the right answers", not those that "have all the right credentials".  

If you feel inappropriate behavior has occurred on this chat, please report it using the official mechanisms.  I did.

dcontesti
Community Champion

@nasimakhtar 

READ the first line of my message:  "MY OPINION ONLY"

You asked for opinions.  If you do not really want the opposing/opposite/contrary/etc. then do not ask.

And please if you think my tone was judgmental, you really have not seen that side of me.

To be judgmental, I might have said something like "STOP WHINING", you got three certificates and now you want a fourth?  

I clearly read your original message and voiced my opinion just like you did.  I stand by my original note.

Regards

nasimakhtar
Newcomer I

Hello William.

My post to Dianne reflects sufficient professionalism.

> Is it wrong to call out someone if the tone is judgemental?
> Did I personally threaten her, or use profanity?
> Did my post reflect any racism?
> Is there any language in my post that is critical/demeaning towards ISC2?

You have made it clear that you have marked my response as "inappropriate", and that is fine because you are of course entitled to your opinions. If it pleases you, please do make more escalations / report me once again.

nasimakhtar
Newcomer I

Hi Dianne,

You are misunderstanding me. I am not trying to start a discord/argument here.

You said what you feel and I said what feel. Your opinion is different from mine, and that's absolutely fine. 

But when you say "And please if you think my tone was judgmental, you really have not seen that side of me.", what do you mean? 

Thanks.

denbesten
Community Champion

In flagging the post, the entire thread will be reviewed, including Dianne's, your's and even my contributions. The part I find disturbing is the thread appears to include ad hominin attacks, which I personally feel is far from professional.

nasimakhtar
Newcomer I

@dcontesti ..
Hi Dianne, I read William's last post, and since I did not study philosophy at Uni so had to look up what "ad hominin" means and I was genuinely surprised! While I still don't agree with you but after learning the associated philosophy with "ad hominin", I acknowledge that calling you "judgemental" was not right. I apologize for making this "fallacy" through my poor choice of word in the argument. There is no shame in rectifying myself since it's a constant strive to make a better version every. I am writing this because doing this is the right thing and not because I am scared of admin actions post flagging of the thread as "inappropriate behavior". I hope you can look past this incident since I am genuinely apologetic.
samermiq
Newcomer I

Hi dcontesti, how was your overall experience. I don't see reviews of the courses. I would appreciate if you can provide some insights before I spend time and $ on the course.