Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moisofie
Viewer

professional experience for CCSP

Hi , I am currently working as a support analyst for an application hosted in AWS. On your website ,it says "Candidates must have ①a minimum of five years cumulative paid work experience in information technology, of which ②three years must be in information security and ③one year in one or more of the six domains of the CCSP CBK. " I assume if I continue working in the same role for 5 years,I might satisfy ① and ③,but not ② ...?

Is there any detailed explanation about the requirement on prefessional experience so that I can have a better understanding ? I hope to better plan my career to meet all three requirements.

Thank you. 

1 Reply
JoePete
Advocate I

@moisofie wrote:

I am currently working as a support analyst for an application hosted in AWS.

You might not be ready for the CCSP just yet. The CCSP is almost like a CISSP concentration. It's not a cloud cert as much as a security credential that is very cloud-focused.

If you want to get out of customer support and into security, I would look at something like the Security+. Paul Jerimy has a really good mapping security credentials:
https://pauljerimy.com/security-certification-roadmap/

That might help you plan what you want to do. If you want to get some work experience in information security, I'd be on the lookout more for the small company experience where you will multiple hats. You might need to take a pay cut, but if you can tolerate that for few years, it may pay off in terms of experienced gained.