Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Admarnelson
Newcomer III

How many attempts someone can paid 700$ for cissp exam?

Hi gys i listen that i no sure, someone can tell if true,
My opinion is for 700$ people take 3 attempt in year. Thats right or not?
14 Replies
denbesten
Community Champion

@anishnath wrote:

...people who failed in first attempt should be allowed for minimum one number of attempt on the same exam fees. This is huge cost for people coming from developing country 

The thing is that (ISC)² needs to pay PearsonVue each time you take the test so that PearsonVue can pay their people that watch you retest.   Asking (ISC)² to pay for your second attempt out of their pocket would likely result in them raising the cost of everyone's test to pay for "your" failure.

I agree that $700 is a huge cost when being paid for individually, regardless of if you are in a developing country or not.  I'd hate to see any changes that make it even more expensive.

Maybe (ISC)² could offer the option to purchase "test retake" insurance.  This would allow those that are concerned about the cost of retakes to transfer the risk without imposing increased costs on the rest of us.

anishnath
Newcomer I

Thanks for understanding the pain point on this, IMHO the ISC2 documentation should be very clear on the retake policy, that it's comes with same exam cost, so that CISSP exam professional should be dam clear what it will cost you when you failed in first attempt. 

denbesten
Community Champion

@anishnath wrote:

the ISC2 documentation should be very clear on the retake policy, that it's comes with same exam cost...

I have had good results with asking (ISC)² to update documentation.  For best results, I recommend including a link to the page in need of updating and some sample verbiage that has a neutral tone, matching the rest of the page.  Emailing membersupport or tagging one of the (ISC)² employees that frequent these boards should be enough to get their attention.

Devashri
Viewer II

For CCSP certification exam, what is the cost to reattempt if the first attempt is not successful?

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@Devashri wrote:

For CCSP certification exam, what is the cost to reattempt if the first attempt is not successful?

@Devashri 

Please refer to the ISC2 Exam Retake Policy:

https://www.isc2.org/exams/after-your-exam#retakePolicy 

This promotion is currently offered: https://www.isc2.org/landing/exam-peace-of-mind 

ISC2 Community Manager