cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samsmith
Viewer

Gut-Check on Work Experience

Hi All!

I'm hoping to get some thoughts on whether you believe ISC2 would accept some of my work experience for the CISSP certification.

1. At Company A I worked with clients to understand their security and compliance requirements and advised them on how to use our secure vendor remote access solution. I believe this would fall under "Identity and Access Management. 

2. At Company B I was an account executive for a vendor working for banks. We managed their marketing based on their customer transaction data. A large part of my job was making sure our marketing adhered to FDIC regulations and making sure we handled their customer data appropriately, including a project of auditing personally identifiable information and purging it from our system. I believe this would fall under Security and Risk Management, although I'm less certain because part of my role was quarterly. reviews on cardholder. spend so it wasn't all compliance focused. 

I know there is a time of work requirement as well, just looking for feedback on whether you all believe this would suffice.

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply
tldutton
ISC2 Team

From what I understand from your posting, neither would suffice.

For the first bullet: understanding the client's requirements then advising them on how to use your product doesn't provide enough detail on how you're job duties fall under "Identity and Access Management".  When you submit your application, provide more detail.

For the second bullet: to be considered, you would have to show that your work was long enough each quarter to count:

Full-Time Experience: Your work experience is accrued monthly. Thus, you must have worked a minimum of 35 hours/week for four weeks in order to accrue one month of work experience.

Part-Time Experience: Your part-time experience cannot be less than 20 hours a week and no more than 34 hours a week.