cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benbac
Viewer II

CISSP exam availability in French

Dear community

While logging into Pearson Vue to schedule a CISSP exam, the available language options are the following: English, German, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean

I noticed that French is no longer available as an option, I wander if this related to the latest revision of CISSP exam outline (May 2021)

Is the French language still considered as an exam option in the near future ?

Any way to contribute to exam translation in order to make this option available to the francophonie community ?

Regards

6 Replies
dcontesti
Community Champion

@benbac @ToniHahn 

This question is best suited to management.

Maybe @ToniHahn Can forward to the right folk.

d

ToniHahn
Contributor I

@dcontesti - Thanks for tagging me. I have sent this to the right people and they should reply within a day or two

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@benbac 

Thank you for your question. Yes, the latest CISSP exam update was announced on our blog and we published these FAQs regarding exam length changes.  

The current languages available for exams are based on global exam candidate demand and adoption. We will pass along your feedback to our team for future consideration as we are always reviewing our translations and exam language availability. If you are interested in becoming a translation volunteer, please visit our Volunteer Page where you can log-in to complete a volunteer interest form. 

ISC2 Community Manager
denbesten
Community Champion

@AndreaMoore, the Domain Refresh FAQ does mention French (emphasis mine) as an option.

Q: In what language will the refreshed CISSP exam be available?

A: The refreshed CISSP exam will be available in English in the Computer Adaptive Test (CAT) format, and in French, German, Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish, Japanese, Simplified Chinese and Korean in the linear fixed form format.

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@denbesten 

Thank you for pointing that out. We will update that FAQ. The change to the CISSP languages was made with the May 1, 2021 exam refresh detailed here: https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/cissp/Certification-Exam-Outline. 

Effective Nov. 1, 2022 with SSCP exam length changes, CISSP, CCSP and SSCP will all be available in our new standard languages of English, German, Spanish, Japanese, Simplified Chinese and Korean. For CISSP, English is only available via the CAT format.

When in doubt, please always refer to the exam outline: https://www.isc2.org/-/media/ISC2/Certifications/Exam-Outlines/CISSP-Exam-Outline-English-April-2021...

ISC2 Community Manager
benbac
Viewer II

Thank you, @AndreaMoore, for following up, appreciated the shared details and links

I wanted to register as a volunteer, however I do hold just the CC credential from (ISC)2 thus I can't proceed further within the form

Do you mind updating the (ISC)2 Volunteer Interest Form to include CC

I wish also if (ISC)2 considers other credentials from other organisations that provide similar credentials and share common interests and missions 

Thank you for your valuable support