Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thw
Newcomer I

CC Exam & Experience

No email sent to membersupport@isc2.org has been answered so far, so I’ll ask here.

At https://community.isc2.org/t5/Become-A-Member/New-Join-us-as-an-ISC-Candidate-no-exam-experience-or-... the (ISC)2 website states:

"However, that being said, our newest certification (ISC)2 Certified in Cybersecurity (CC) does not require work experience. Your endorsement is a short application containing ethics questions and agreements. No experience or endorser required."

After passing the CC test (ISC)² sent me an email stating:

"If you’re still working on gaining the professional experience you need to earn the CC, you can become an Associate of (ISC)2."

This is contradictory.

Which is it:

(CC) does not require work experience

working on gaining the professional experience you need to earn the CC

?

thw

6 Replies
Tess
Newcomer II

You are right, the messaging is contradictory. I've also submitted a number of improvement suggestions over the past weeks.

No, the CC certification does not require any work experience. 

After passing the exam, all you need to do is start the "endorsement process" which is cut short for CC students. For those, the endorsement process only consists of agreeing to the terms of ISC2 and to their code of ethics. Plus paying your first year of AMF. 

thw
Newcomer I

Thank you.

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

@thw 

I apologize for the inconvenience. You received an incorrectly worded email. This has been corrected in the system going forward. 

@Tess is correct. You do not need to prove work experience (like our endorsement process for other certifications) and you do not need to become an Associate. 

You just need to agree to the terms and conditions for the CC certification. 

Congratulations and welcome to (ISC)2 membership. I look forward to your continued involvement here on the Community. 

ISC2 Community Manager
thw
Newcomer I

Andrea,

Thanks. I like this move by ISC2.

Getting more people into the fold with a member number and cert is a
positive thing.

thw
javisensacion
Newcomer II

I have passed my CC test and yet I do not receive any email from ISC2.. and I have sent already 2 emails, no reply yet... how long it takes from the date you pass the test until you get the certificate ?

javier

Haroldwong
Newcomer II

I took the test back in Feb, Pearson says I have passed yet I still cant get past endorsement and member support has not come back with a solution, is there another channel I can explore to get this issue resolved.