cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vasan
Newcomer III

Failed CCSP Exam Today :-(

All, 

Prepared for CCSP exam for almost 2 months, however did not manage to pass the exam today. I used Official Study Guide by Ben Malisow (2nd edition) and went through almost 500-600 questions from various sources. Found the exam questions are really tough and I only had 25minutes left after answered all the questions. Currently I'm holding CISSP, CISM and CASP+. Probably I need to prepare myself for a little bit longer. Any advice from current CCSP holders are highly appreciated.  My test result as below;

Domains

1) Cloud Concepts, Architecture, and Design [Below Proficiency]

2) Legal, Risk, and Compliance [Below Proficiency]

3) Cloud Application Security [Below Proficiency]

4) Cloud Security Operation [Near Proficiency]

5) Cloud Data Security [Above Proficiency]

6) Cloud Platform and Infrastructure Security [Above Proficiency]

regards.

8 Replies
Nikita
Viewer III

I failed the CCSP exam as well recently.
I felt like the exam was not related to CCSP official guide materials I studied. I am a CyberSec and 10 yrs into Networks and IT field and passed CISSP in July this year and I hold AWS cloud solution architect since 2019 with some other certs.
some of the sentences were so difficult to understand, the exam started on me with very difficult questions and only I got some easier question (one word answer) toward the last 30 questions.
I had 2 areas below proficiency.
Wasted that big chunk of money 😞 and no discount to take the next round.
and I have no idea how to prepare for next attempt.
When are you planning to retake?
ildapenn
Viewer

@Nikita wrote:
I failed the CCSP exam as well recently.
I felt like the exam was not related to CCSP official guide materials I studied. I am a CyberSec and 10 yrs into Networks and IT field and passed CISSP in July this year and I hold AWS cloud solution architect since 2019 with some other certs. slope game
some of the sentences were so difficult to understand, the exam started on me with very difficult questions and only I got some easier question (one word answer) toward the last 30 questions.
I had 2 areas below proficiency.
Wasted that big chunk of money 😞 and no discount to take the next round.
and I have no idea how to prepare for next attempt.
When are you planning to retake?

I would like to find out too – following.

Don2051
Viewer II

I am in the same situation. PMP, Security+, Cloud+, CISSP, CISM...One and Done! No problem. But this exam was like I was taking it in a Foreign (to me) language.

I even tried to break down the questions into meaningful questions.. but that didn't work.

Studied, Passed hundreds of practice exams 90% or greater from multiple test providers.

Now I need to spend another $600 to retake the exam.

So how to prepare... I haven't a clue.

Nikita
Viewer III

I hear you.

When it gets to the point that exam question doesn't make sense for a CISSP holder and someone who passed multiple other cloud certs I really don't know what they are trying to do.

It is just very discouraging. 

Vasan
Newcomer III

Sorry for the delay Nikita. Recently I have changed by job and haven't got time to study again. Started to read back the official book since last week and spending around 1-2 hours per day. I heard there will be some change in the topic and exam format from August 2022 onwards. I'm planning to take back the exam probably by end of June 2022. Wish me luck.
Vasan
Newcomer III

Yeah, i had the same feeling too. However, my current work is more related to Cloud Security and hope I can pass the exam this time. Finger crossed.
sghanayem
Viewer

Hi Vasan

I am a CISSP, CISA, CEH, CISM holder. In addition, I have a MSc. in Software Engineering. Actually, I did not go for the CSSP exam. I tried the CCAK Exam from ISACA/CSA since it is more related to my career in IT Audit. I studied 3 months the material (study guide, online course and QA) offered by the ISACA/CSA bookstore. However, it was also for me a tough exam and the questions are far from the study material. The questions depend mostly on the perception and English of the exam maker.

I think passing such kind of exams does not depend on understanding the material. It requires may be the registration with high qualified instructors. Self study will not work.
Moreover, I think we need to identify carefully our objective from such kind of certificates. If the target managing the security of the cloud in your working place, then, you should go for hand on training/certificate related to the specific cloud. On the other hand, if the target is to perform cloud audits/assessment, then CISSP is sufficient and the candidate requires some technical knowledge in the related cloud platforms/services.

Regards

ShinichiSanuki
Newcomer III

I'm also interested in CCSP, but it seems difficult.

--
Shinichi Sanuki, CISSP