cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chyobo
Newcomer I

Passed CSSLP exam

Hi people,

I passed CSSLP exam, pending endorsement. I'm nertheless surprised that globally there are only 2,452 CSSLPs so far.

I passed CISSP last year but still need 9 more months of experience so I can't get endorsed. Therefore, I decided to try CSSLP. All I can say that it's a long and tough exam and is heavily focused on security issues in software development.

https://www.isc2.org/About/Member-Counts

Best wishes everyone.

25 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Congratulations!

Do you have the experience to certify as a CSSLP?

If you do, then being a CSSLP will also wipe 1 year off the experience requirements for CISSP!

AppDefects
Community Champion

Welcome to the club!

nirupam
Viewer

Happy to share that I passed the exam in the first attempt too. Definitely very exhausting! I was relieved to see that all 175 questions had single option and not the ones requiring multiple selections. Surprised that its only about 2500 of us!!

Jerry
Newcomer III

I would love to go for that cert, but I cannot get funding for it.  No one has ever heard of it here (in this large, multinational corp).  I really wish it was a well-known cert.  

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@nirupam wrote:

Happy to share that I passed the exam in the first attempt too. Definitely very exhausting! I was relieved to see that all 175 questions had single option and not the ones requiring multiple selections. Surprised that its only about 2500 of us!!

Many congratulations @nirupam!

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

I'm pleased to announce I provisionally passed the CSSLP exam earlier today!

After all the negativity in the other CSSLP thread I wasn't sure what I would be walking in to.

I was very pleased to see my standard methodology of reading as many of the suggested references I could had paid off when I went through the first 10 questions and they were all on familiar topics aligned to what I had been studying for the last 10 weeks or so.

At that point I was able to relax and race through the remaining 165 questions in a combined total of just under 2 hours - I know I am used to doing these exams now with this being my 6th one, but this honestly was nowhere near as hard as I was expecting given what I had read on here.

All I will say is don't let that other thread put you off taking this exam. It teaches some incredibly useful and important security fundamentals, and as such is very worthwhile.

Over the past 15 months or so I have studied for and passed the CCSP, ISSEP, ISSAP, ISSMP and CSSLP. Now there are no more ISC2 certifications left for me to earn - well, none that hold any interest for me (CAP, HCISSP, SSCP) - time for a well earned, prolonged rest period!

Jerry
Newcomer III

Congrats everyone!

If these exams and training weren't so expensive, I would have followed in your footsteps. 

fgarcialainez
Newcomer III

Hi,

First of all, congratulations for your achievement!

The thing is that after reading the post that you mention in your post I was a little bit discouraged about taking the exam.

Please, could you tell me if the exam questions are as "tricky" as mentioned in that post? Are short or long questions? Are exam questions similar to the included in the CBK, etc?

May be CSSLP exam has been updated recently, and things are different that in the time of writing that post...

Regards,

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

This is quite timely as I received my CSSLP certificate package yesterday!

csslp-cert-package.png

@fgarcialainez wrote:

The thing is that after reading the post that you mention in your post I was a little bit discouraged about taking the exam.

Please, could you tell me if the exam questions are as "tricky" as mentioned in that post? Are short or long questions? Are exam questions similar to the included in the CBK, etc?

As I wrote above, don't be put off by that other thread. If you have the requisite knowledge either gained through experience or through appropriate study you can pass this exam.

I found the questions were for the most part well written (i.e. unambiguous) and concise (i.e. short and to the point), and not at all ridiculously verbose like I found for the CCSP, and, yes, some were quite similar to the ones from the CBK.

Good luck with your studies!