cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sam-ha
Viewer

ISC2 and Covid19 response

Hi Friends, 

 

I have been preparing myself for the CISSP v2018 since 2 months ago and I registered for end of April 2021 to take the exam. Today I got an email from ISC2/Pearson-VUE which says my exam has been postponed for 30 days due to Covid19 outbreak! I'm working and studying at the same time and that was the reason I chose to pick a day close to 2018 version due date to have enough time to study. And how this delay will impact me? Well, I called ISC2 to find out! I was told that I have to take CISSP 2021 version. The lady over the phone, kept saying that just domain weights have been changed and do not worry! But, it is not true, there are a lot of new concepts and sub-domains added here! To be honest, it is very disappointing and ISC2 has not been doing a good job to response to Covid19 Incident at least based on incident response topics on its own CISSP study guide!!!

Why ISC2 changing the exam version 2018 to 2021 when Covid19 concerns impacting everything around the world!! Even the Summer Olympics has been postponed couple times due to Covid! Why ISC2 insisting to not take CISSP exam virtually even during Covid when nothing is certain! Why ISC2 is rushing to change the exam when even new study materials (2021) have not yet been released!!! who is suffering from this mismanagement, of course candidates who spent their time, money into this? Again, ISC2 has not been doing a good job to response Covid19 incident!!!

3 Replies
rslade
Influencer II

Re: ISC2 and Covid19 response

> Sam-ha (Viewer) posted a new topic in Industry News on 04-23-2021 05:07 PM in

> I'm working and studying at the same time and that was
> the reason I chose to pick a day close to 2018 version due date to have enough
> time to study.

OK, while I don't wish to minimize your frustration, allow me to give you a bit of
encouragement: the changes to the CBK aren't immediately reflected in the exam,
and, in any case, the exam is based much more on foundational concepts than on
current fads. Know the basics, and you'll be fine.

> And how this delay will impact me? Well, I called ISC2 to find
> out! I was told that I have to take CISSP 2021 version. The lady over the phone,
> kept saying that just domain weights have been changed and do not worry!

Yeah, we can all sympathize with the issue of canned reactions and lack of
concern from ISC2.

> But, it
> is not true, there are a lot of new concepts and sub-domains added here! To be
> honest, it is very disappointing and ISC2 has not been doing a good job to
> response to Covid19 Incident at least based on incident response topics on its
> own CISSP study guide!!!

Oh, *never* expect that ISC2 is going to know anything about security, or
business continuity, or incident response, or any of the other things that we, the
certifiied, have to know ... 🙂

> Why ISC2 changing the exam version 2018 to 2021 when
> Covid19 concerns impacting everything around the world!!

It's in the schedule. Why would ISC2 let a simple thing like a global pandemic and
economic crisis change the schedule?

> Even the Summer
> Olympics has been postponed couple times due to Covid! Why ISC2 insisting to
> not take CISSP exam virtually even during Covid when nothing is certain! Why
> ISC2 is rushing to change the exam when even new study materials (2021) have not
> yet been released!!!

Like I said, don't worry about that. The exam changes very slowly, and, in terms
of the fundamentals, doesn't change that much at all, since those underlying
principles don't change.

> who is suffering from this mismanagement, of course
> candidates who spent their time, money into this? Again, ISC2 has not been doing
> a good job to response Covid19 incident!!!

I may disagree with every word this candidate has said, but I will defend to the
death the right to say it 🙂

======================
rslade@gmail.com rmslade@outlook.com rslade@computercrime.org
"If you do buy a computer, don't turn it on." - Richards' 2nd Law
"Robert Slade's Guide to Computer Viruses" 0-387-94663-2
"Viruses Revealed" 0-07-213090-3
"Software Forensics" 0-07-142804-6
"Dictionary of Information Security" Syngress 1-59749-115-2
"Cybersecurity Lessons from CoVID-19" CRC Press 978-0-367-68269-9
============= for back issues:
[Base URL] site http://victoria.tc.ca/techrev/
CISSP refs: [Base URL]mnbksccd.htm
PC Security: [Base URL]mnvrrvsc.htm
Security Dict.: [Base URL]secgloss.htm
Security Educ.: [Base URL]comseced.htm
Book reviews: [Base URL]mnbk.htm
[Base URL]review.htm
Partial/recent: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/techbooks/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Slade
https://is.gd/RotlWB http://twitter.com/rslade
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/

............

Other posts: https://community.isc2.org/t5/forums/recentpostspage/user-id/1324864413

This message may or may not be governed by the terms of
http://www.noticebored.com/html/cisspforumfaq.html#Friday or
https://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/1468
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

Re: ISC2 and Covid19 response

@Sam-ha 

 

We are sorry that your exam had to be rescheduled, and we understand the challenges candidates are facing around the world during the pandemic. We know you have worked hard to prepare for your exam, and please know that you received correct guidance regarding the exam changes. If you felt confident to sit for the exam before the May 1 CISSP exam update, then you should feel just as confident in taking the exam after the changes. You can learn more about how the CISSP exam is changing at https://blog.isc2.org/isc2_blog/2020/10/why-does-the-cissp-exam-change.html.

 

During these unprecedented times, (ISC)2 has worked hard to assist candidates around the world. We waived exam change fees for test takers impacted by COVID-19, piloted online proctored testing, and we extended vouchers and access to education materials.

 

Updating exams is fundamental to maintaining the certifications and ensuring that all exams are relevant for the industry long-term. All exams are updated on a regular cycle and updates are announced at predetermined intervals. You can view this webinar to learn more about the exam update cycle and hear directly from our CEO Clar Rosso and Dr. Casey Marks, chief product officer and VP of (ISC)².

 

If you have any further questions regarding the CISSP exam changes or our exam procedures, please contact member support at: https://www.isc2.org/Contact-Us.

 

We wish you all the best on your upcoming CISSP exam and look forward to you becoming a member of (ISC)². We are rooting for you!




(ISC)² Community Manager
JP
Newcomer III

Re: ISC2 and Covid19 response

I likewise offer you friendly encouragement for the exam, whilst changes when they occur can be frustrating to your studies, the fundamentals do not change. Also, the updates to the exam help keep it relevant and maintain its place as a well respected accreditation of one's knowledge.


I'm sure that with the preparation you've already been doing that you'll be well prepared for what is to come in the exam; and trust me, as an exam contributor, the aim is never to catch candidates out with an "ah-ha!" question, quite the opposite, its to make sure nothing takes you by surprise because you are very familiar with all of the material! 🙂

I wish you well for the exam when you take it, good luck!