Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Xenophore
Newcomer II

CCSP, CCSK, or both?

I've been getting the advertisements for the CCSP certification and it looks interesting but a fellow CISSP suggested getting the CCSK or other certification from a different provider because of the additional CPE requirements. According to him, with the CISSP and CCSP, one cannot “double-dip,” i.e., apply the same course to both certifications' requirements as one can with the CISSP and a certification from a different provider. On the other hand, I've read in a different thread that up to 30 hours of courses taken in pursuit of the CCSK can be counted towards the CPE requirements for the CISSP. What experiences have others here had with satisfying the CPE requirements for multiple certifications from the same or different providers?

19 Replies
tekfarmer
Newcomer I

CCSK then head to CCSP is a nice journey. I got CCSK first and then proceeded with CCSP with limited study guide and info. However, the knowledge I got with CCSK did help. Just my $0.02.

Samvirtual
Newcomer I

I’ve planned to do ccsp selfstudy and then convert my study hours into cpe’s.
Each cpe after that, I will use it to each certification I hold.
Cissp, ceh and by then ccsp
Manal
Newcomer I

If you are CISSP, go for CCSP.
mtwong2000
Viewer

I passed the CCSP in March of this year.  I used the CCSK materials to study for the CCSP.  I don't think you need both the CCSK and the CCSP, but I think the CCSP will have a greater following in time. 

Dada19
Newcomer I

I intend to do the same here. Given I was already CCSK but getting the latest version (4.0) of CCSK will be better followed by CCSP ( Combination of Cloud Security Alliance and ISC2)..

Radioteacher
Community Champion

I would do the CCSKv3 right now.  If you buy and pass the CCSKv3 right now, when the CCSKv4 is released in December 2017, you get a free take of the new test and a re-take.  So you pay for one test voucher and get two tests.

I have been studying for the CCSK/CCSP since August.  Two weeks ago I passed the CCSKv3 and it was very straightforward.  

My CCSP exam set for November 13th.  In December I will take advantage of the new CCSKv4 test.

It is not just the certifications I am trying to earn.  It is knowledge.  Taking the three tests on a similar body of knowledge six weeks apart will hopefully lock in the information for years to come.

Paul Guido

mkirwan
Viewer II

Go for both.  The CCSK is pretty easy to study for as it's based upon the CSA and ENISA documents.  The information in both will give you many of the essentials for the CCSP.  Additionally, if you have the CCSK the requirement to have worked in the Cloud for a year is waived.

leonkolthof
Newcomer I

I did both of them, first the CCSP and two days later the CCSK 🙂

Don’t know why in that order but it worked out for me.

I think there both valuable. I couldn’t chose so did both of them.

Regards,

Léon
Dada19
Newcomer I

@Radioteacher  Good Luck Paul 🙂