Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jahanvi
Viewer II

Looking for entrylevel/ junior level cybersecurity roles

5 Replies

Dear Hiring manager,

I am writing to express my strong interest in the entry-level cybersecurity opportunity at ISC2. My name is Nardeep Kaur, and I am currently residing in Canada. I have recently completed my B.Tech in Information Technology after earning a Diploma in Computer Science, and I am now focused on advancing my career in cybersecurity.

During my academic journey, I have developed a solid foundation in various areas of technology, including Database Management Systems (DBMS), SQL, Networking, Linux, Windows, HTML, and Java. My passion for cybersecurity has driven me to pursue additional certifications, including CompTIA Security+, Microsoft Azure, and ISC2’s cybersecurity entry-level certification, which I am currently working on.

I am particularly drawn to ISC2 because of your commitment to advancing the field of cybersecurity. I am eager to apply my technical skills in a real-world environment and am more than willing to take on a voluntary role if it means gaining valuable experience and contributing to the cybersecurity community.

As a motivated and eager learner, I am dedicated to expanding my knowledge and skills in cybersecurity. I am confident that my strong technical background, coupled with my passion for this field, would allow me to make a meaningful contribution to your team.

Thank you for considering my application. I would be honored to discuss how my background, skills, and enthusiasm align with the goals of ISC2. I look forward to the possibility of contributing to your team and growing as a cybersecurity professional.

Please feel free to contact me at +1 (778) 723-5859 or via email at kaur.nardeep92@gmail.com.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
Nardeep Kaur
kaur.nardeep92@gmail.com
+1 (778) 723-5859
Canada
Erick
Viewer

Greetings,

My name is Erick Otieno from Nairobi Kenya. I'm currently looking for an entry level/ junior level in cybersecurity roles, I have Ethical certification and I have got a diploma in Information Technology.

I am also perusing CC  with ISC2, my email address is otienorio86@gmail.com

Regards,

Otieno Erick. 

Peace553
Viewer

I'm looking for Paid intern/entry level remote Cybersecurity related job.  This is my resume below.

KWAME TANO

Data/BI Analyst/CYBERSECURITY ANALYST

Phone: (908)613-2056 | Email: tanokwame553@gmail.com | Location: Linden NJ

PROFESSIONAL PROFILE

Highly dedicated, goal driven and motivated IT professional with over 5 years of robust experience identifying business requirements, driving process improvement, and designing IT solutions that potentiates business growth. Determines operational objectives by studying business functions, information gathering, evaluating output requirements as well as formats. Well vexed in performing multiple duties in data analysis, ETL development, data modeling and visual analytics leveraging Tableau.

Technical Skills

• Operating Systems                   Win XP, Vista, 7, 10, Windows Server 2003, 2008, Unix
  • Databases                                  MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2012, Teradata, MySQL                            ,                                               5.2, 5.7, Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g, Db2, PostgreSQL, Snowflake
  • ETL/Other Tools                     Informatica Power Center 8.6.1/9, SAS Base 9.x, SAS       En                                            Enterprise Guide, SSIS (Visual Studio), Erwin Data M      o                                              Erwin Data Modeler, ER Assistant
  • Querying Tools                        SQL Management Studio 2008/2012, 2016 .SQL Developer
  • Querying language                  SQL, PL/SQL, TSQL
  • Business Intelligence Tools    Alteryx, Power BI, Some experience with Power BI Admin. Tableau, SSRS, Cognos, Excel, SAS
  • Programming Language/Data Mining Tools     SAS, SQL Python 
  • Data prep and testingTools    : Alteryx,  Wiiisdom, Kinesis
  • Microsoft suite, Azure DevOps for portfolio projects management , Dynamics 365 and ticketing.,ServiceNow for assigning tickets and performing tasks. GitHub, Jira,  in SDLC Agile / scrum environment,

Work Experience – 2023 Business intelligence and Cybersecurity Analyst Just completed 7 months Cybersecurity Bootcamp with check Skills and in preparation for taking COMPTIA DATA + Certification Exam in August 2024. I enrolled in Bachelor’s Degree Program  in Computer science with Southern New Hampshire University, starting Sept.2024

Satyam Primary Care                                           August 2019 – March 31, 2024

Raleigh, NC                                                           

Power BI Developer /Data Analyst

• Interacted with Strategic Development Team, Business analyst and Nurse Managers to analyze business needs and developed technical specifications.
  • Created operational reports for stakeholders using Power BI desktop.
  • Experienced in requirement gathering/analysis, design, development, testing, and production rollover of reporting and analysis projects
  • Developed actionable dashboards in Power BI Desktop and published them in  Power BI  Service..
  • Experience working with key performance indicators and metrics in finance, sales, inventory, and other areas.
  • Developing high level analysis reports and data visualization with Power BI desktop.
  • Wrote advance SQL queries to retrieve data/records from disparate tables by using Joins, Table Expressions and also used concepts like Explain, Stats, Cast and volatile tables on SQL server.
  • Use SQL to develop Inline table value functions, views to create result sets to meet different reporting requirements.
  • Provide multiple database services for our clients including database analysis, data translation, data archival and automated database processing and interpretation.
  • Wrote complex SQL queries by using advanced SQL concepts like Group by and OLAP, aggregate functions and Sub-queries.
  • Generated Power BI Dashboards with Report, Page level and visualization filters, calculated fields and parameters on   BI reports.
  • Used Pivot tables to create reports that did dicing and slicing functions on data. This is called dimensional analysis and provides a 360 view of what is going on.
  • Experience in Service Now PowerON, Dynamic 365 and Azure DevOps to assign tickets to accomplish various tasks.

Accomplishments

• Experienced in requirement gathering/analysis, design, development, testing and production rollover of reporting and analysis projects.

Anchor Insurance Agencies                                              April 2017 - August 2019

Wilson, NC

Power BI  Developer

• Vast experience with the design and development of Power BI  visualization solutions.
  • Prepare high level analysis reports with Excel and Power BI.
  • Develop dashboards and visualizations that empower business insight and helps in decision making.
  • Efficiently manage time for timely project deadlines as well as project report and ad hoc requests.
  • Prepare high level analysis reports with  Power BI desktop Application , SSRS and Excel.
  • Involved in business requirement gathering and translating them into clear and concise specifications and queries for the end user.
  • Generated Tableau Dashboard with quick/context/global filters, parameters and calculated fields on Tableau reports.
  • Experience in creating various views in Power bi model (Power-maps, area charts, bar charts column charts ,combo charts pie charts doughnut charts, funnel charts , gauge charts, scatter charts, bubble charts,  waterfall charts ,etc.).
  • Created and developed Parameterized, Drill Down and AD Hoc Reports using SQL Server 2014 Reports Services (SSRS).
  • Strong ability in developing SQL queries to extract, manipulate, and/or calculate information to fulfill data and reporting requirements including identifying the tables and columns from which data is extracted.
  • Used Pivot tables to create reports that did dicing and slicing functions on data. This is called dimensional analysis and provides a 360 view of what is going on.
  • Worked on motion chart, Bubble chart, drill down analysis using tableau desktop.
  • Generated advanced Tableau dashboards that allowed business to track and improve customer units KPI.

Accomplishments

• Experienced in requirement gathering/analysis, design, development, testing and production rollover of reporting and analysis projects.

Technical Skills

• Data Analysis & Reporting
  • Data Visualization

Accomplishments

• Developed Tableau workbooks from numerous data sources using Data Blending.
  • Supported business lead for special assignment and to ensure production efficiency.

EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS

• COMPTIA SECURITY+   ,   COMPTIA PENTEST +
  • CERTIFICATE| HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT &

ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT, Power BI, Tableau, MS OFFICE sSuite -2015- 2017, Microsoft Dynamics 365( CRM and ERM).

Just Completed 7 Month Cybersecurity Bootcamp with Chegg Skills and preparing to take the CompTIA + professional Certification in May 2024. I’m COMPTIA SECURITY+ and PENTEST+ Certified.

Union County College

Cranford | New Jersey

• ASSOCIATE | INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY -2004

Kumasi Technical University

Kumasi | Ghana

I_O
Viewer

I have been done the foundational courses in cyber security (networking principles, security principles, risk assessment, ISO 270001, security governance and compliance, business continuity. I familiar with security tools like splunk and tryhachme. I'm preparing for certified in cyber security exam after not being able to score up to the require 700 points in my first attempt due many factors that affected my initial preparation.
I'm willing to learn and grow in the profession.
Charbel
Viewer II

I got my cc and I am looking to start my new career path in cybersecurity I had 15 years experience in IT administrator and I am familiar with policies and procedures and how to read logs
Jahanvi
Viewer II

Looking for entrylevel/ junior level cybersecurity roles