Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BestSelf
Viewer

Best FREE CPE Oppurtunities? Is there a ISC2 Archive for Previous Webinars?

All,

I need to get 80 more CPE's by August 2022 to renew my CISSP. I normally go to numerous security conferences per year however did not do many in 2019 due to family issues. Then 2020-2021 was COVID and all of my family was out of work so my focus was surviving/extra shifts at work over thinking about CPEs. The other problem is my current job is not that open about me taking off for security conferences, basically I have to use my personal PTO but used most of the PTO due to when I had COVID earlier in the year. I have signed up for Defcon and plan to maximize this weekend.

What are some other good FREE ways to get CPEs? I know SANS has their webcast (https://www.sans.org/webcasts/) that generate certificate of completion after fully watching each video. However, I would also like to use other sources outside of SANS. I know there is a ISC2 newsletter that reports CPE opportunities but I noticed many require paying for the events. Does ISC2 have an free on demand/archive for previous free webcasts that would generate CPEs after completion?

Also, I know there is the 2 CPEs for the InfoSecurity Professional magazine, can I go back to the previous months to get CPEs or does it have to be only for current and future editions?

Appreciate any help as I really want to spend much of this Fall and Winter catching up on CPEs. I am getting tons of anxiety over this as do not want my CISSP to lapse.

Thank You.

34 Replies
CEMyers
Newcomer III

Not sure just because it is on YouTube it’s a fact. In any event, can’t see it without registering and I don’t want the baggage that comes with that.

CEMyers
Newcomer III

Just because someone offers CPE does not mean it is acceptable to an organisation or is appropriate for the business and professional domains. If not endorsed by ISC2, it probably is not worth expending the energy in this case.

denbesten
Community Champion

@iuliiakhvasch wrote:
It is better to talk with facts rather than a hunch … testimonial.

Testimonials are one person's opinion; not a statement of fact. The referenced YouTube plays much more like a paid endorsement than a free-will review.

I'm not disputing that they offer training.  Nor would I begrudge you for paying $249 to gain access to their library.

Rather, I simply do not believe the web page abstract describes a Group-A activity.  Instead, I feel it better fits under "Participating in non-security education courses" [CPE Handbook, page 9], which has a limit of 30 CPEs per triennium.  And, since they require you to "manually submit your earned CPE credits", the burden-of-proof remains with you to convince the auditor of the CPE categorization.  This would be impossible for me to do based on my lack of belief.

I would feel completely different if SFBS were an official "CPE Partner" (list here) and the CPEs were "submitted on behalf".

ManojC
Newcomer II

Hi @tmekelburg1 ,

Excellent find.Thanks for that.

It does look like the link has moved to the member's section in the top right.

ManojC_0-1708305260552.png

-Manoj.C

non-expert
Newcomer II

Am I right in thinking I can only submit podcast for credit if the podcast runs at a minimum length of 20 min?

I have been listening to podcasts at work but they only run for about 5-10min each.