Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Topshotta
Newcomer III

WHATS NEXT

So what happens after the exam is passed? I feel like I need some guidance/mentorship. I have absolutely no experience in cyber security or tech as a whole. Should I start applying for jobs after passing the exam? I'm kind of lost to be honest.

1 Reply
emb021
Advocate I

@Topshotta wrote:

"So what happens after the exam is passed? I feel like I need some guidance/mentorship. I have absolutely no experience in cyber security or tech as a whole. Should I start applying for jobs after passing the exam? I'm kind of lost to be honest."

Well, you need to fill out the application and pay the membership fee to officially obtain the CC certification.  Until you get response back from ISC2 that you officially have it, you can't put that on your resume, LinkedIn profile etc.

Well, you can apply for jobs, but understand that most companies don't hire people just because they have a certification.  You need to get some skills and knowledge under your belt, and ideally some experience.

I would also encourage you to get involved with local infosec groups, like local chapters of ISSA, ISC2, etc and network with other infosec professionals.  Look for a mentor or two to help you out.  Making connections will help you in finding a job, getting advise on things, etc.  Also attend infosec conferences such as local BSides etc.

---
Michael Brown, CISSP, HCISPP, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, GSLC, GSTRT, GLEG, GSNA, CIST, CIGE, ISSA Fellow