Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fontana
Newcomer I

The essence of the physical exam

Hello great people. Since we have online certification, can someone tell me the importance of sitting for a physical exam and getting the certificate?

Again, Is how all certification in cybersecurity works? To get any certification, one has to write the exams offline?

I will be waiting for your response. Thanks.
1 Reply
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

I don’t think mode of delivery matters so much physical, digital via computer in a local test centre or even online proctored as long as the organisation certifying feel that they can secure the examination process.

In ICS2’s they tried online proctored and detected enough deviation from norms that they suspended the evaluation. This caused there to be less availability of test locations with some candidates having to travel hundreds of miles with limited means to take the discounted CC offer.

As well as the exam for a certification there is a sponsorship portion, which in most ISC2 certification requires experience(the CC is the first certification ISC2 has created that does not have an experience component).

So for any ISC2 exam you must go to a Person VUE test Center that is participating, the test is delivered securely by computer in controlled conditions, other organisations may have different modus operandi, however you’d need to speak to folk more familiar with them.

Hope this helps.