Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cstone24
Newcomer I

Passing the CC exam

Any suggestions on how to best prepare for the exam? How long did you study? I took the online self-paced course. Does the exam include all the terms from the flash cards?

Thanks!

24 Replies
Temmy
Viewer

I took the exam this morning and I passed , my advice is for you to read and understand the question and choose your answer carefully because the options look similar. I took my time going through the pre and post questions after completing the study guide and it took me almost a month, I don’t have any IT background. Good luck
umar82
Newcomer I

Thanks for your messgae but which book you are refering the one whcich is available at the cost of 20 usd

Jatto
Viewer

Hi everyone, I'd like to know if the exams are taken onsite at a physical location or online..

Thanks.

umar82
Newcomer I

I believe is only at test centre

denbesten
Community Champion

The official answer: "ISC2 has concluded that online proctored exams do not satisfy its standards for security and integrity for exam administration."

Or, more succinctly, "ISC2 does not have online proctored exams; you must go to a test center"

cyber_newbee
Viewer II

I recently took this exam and the only mode available is at the test center.
Ramzy
Viewer

I did my first attempt exam today, my performance was 50%, it still okay, as I just prepare myself via the self learning resources. You are give 4 times to attempts to sit for the exam over a year period. I can do better next time..
Ramzy
Viewer

For me the self learning resources materials are not sufficient to pass the exam. Need to read other resources as well to prepare yourself to get familiarity
a_k91
Viewer II

I passed my CC exam last week on 28/12/2023. 

Took a month to prepare as I don't like rushing. I have over 8 years of experience in cyber security so this helped a lot during the exam. I took CISSP training as well last time so this did help too. 

The post assessment in their official training is easy but the actual exam isn't. My advice is to understand the whole official training modules. If possible, try to extend your study materials with CISSP modules. These should be of help. Make sure you understand the terminology used in the training modules. 

And during the exam, since you cannot return to the previous question, better not to spend too much time for a question. Read thoroughly and make a smart guess/deduction if you are stuck, then move on.

Olaleye
Newcomer I

Different people learn at different rate.

Also everyone's background is different.

Someone might say that they finished the ISC2 training course within seven days.

it is possible that such person already have I.T. background or they have study similar course in the past.

I was already study for Google Cybersecurity Professional certification, and have completed 50% of that course,  and then put it on hold to study for ISC2 training and exam.

It took me seven days to complete the ISC2 CC course because of the knowledge i already gained in the Google course.

I am going to sit for my ISC2 CC exam next week.