Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JacobLin
Newcomer I

Just passed the exam 2 hours ago.

This exam was quite easy compared to the mock exams I had practiced. It took me less than 40 minutes to finish. Of course, this is only for me. After all, I have almost 20 years of IT experience and dabbled in information security. In addition, I have also taken a quick look at the CISSP Crash course. Therefore, for me, CC knowledge is not difficult.
My suggestion is that in addition to the official ISC2 courses, you can also look at their official courses on Coursera, the instructor is Simon Salmon. I also watched Mike's course, some of the content is beyond the scope, and some is copied from his other courses. For the mock exam, I did all 4 sets of LinkedIn, 1 set on Coursera, 1 on Wiley, and 2 on Pearson. If you can maintain a stable accuracy of about 90%, then there is no problem passing the exam, and I did them very quickly, finishing each set in about 40 minutes. Some mistakes were caused by not carefully reviewing the questions, so I paid special attention to them during the exam.
In short, this exam is just a stepping stone for the ISC2 exam. Relax a little and it is not difficult to pass.

10 Replies
Cwayita
Viewer

Can you help what is the process when one want to write, where did you get
the information for preparation and how much did you pay.

Please kindly share any information regarding this exam at
hlumza05@gmail.com
JacobLin
Newcomer I

I saw you asked the same question in someone else's post more than 2 months ago. Haven't you gotten the answer you need after so long?

The VUE official website has a very detailed introduction to the exam process and precautions. In addition, there will be a reminder email before the exam. As for where to find this information, just use Google to search. Finally, I won't talk about the cost.

Ahrkeem
Viewer II

Kudos. Can I please know the time gap between when you registered for the exam and when you were scheduled to take the exam? I'm not settled because I'm having school exams this month and the next. So I want to know if I can take the CC exam next week.

zbaskervil
Newcomer III

Good afternoon,

That is fantastic news!

I am studying for my exam right now.  I am doing the Mike Chappel LINKEND course as I am typing up this response.  I will take a look at one of the other free Cybersecurity courses that I have be recommended to take prior to scheduling my exam. I definitely will take the mock exams and take your advice on maintaining a stable accuracy of about 90%,

Thank you for sharing your approach on how you were successful in passing the CC exam.

iwuchi
Newcomer I

You have to check the closest centre to you and know their timing. Where I sat for the exam, I scheduled the exam three weeks ahead. 

Wishing you all the best in your exam. 

Cyberstarter52
Newcomer I

Once you have a voucher and register, you will be able to choose when to schedule your in person exam. I think you can schedule it as soon as a few days away, and as far as several months out. It also depends on how many other people are scheduling and how many time slots are available. You'll best be able to answer this question for yourself when you schedule your exam.
JacobLin
Newcomer I

For me, I spent more than a week, about 10 days, preparing for the exam. But before that, I took a CISSP Crash course. So after that, I took the CC course, which was not difficult to understand, but just deepened my memory. After that, I did more simulation questions to get used to the rhythm and pressure of the exam.
JacobLin
Newcomer I

One more thing to note is that if you use the official course to prepare for the exam, do not use the AI-based method, the so-called adapt mode, which is a joke. Remember to use the linear method for the first time, or manually click on each chapter in order to study. The so-called AI method not only has a messed up content order, but also asks you whether to end the course because the content score is reached without showing all the content. It is really messed up.

JacobLin
Newcomer I

Maintaining a stable accuracy of about 90% in the mock exams is not mandatory, but it is to provide a sufficient buffer for the actual exam. I feel that the test is not difficult, and there are few detours in the questions. They are all very straightforward. Just read the options carefully. There are about 2 or 3 questions that I feel are beyond the scope of the exam because they are only discussed in the more advanced ISC2 exams. As long as you can master the content within the scope of the test, you should have no problem passing the test.