Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cstone24
Newcomer I

Passing the CC exam

Any suggestions on how to best prepare for the exam? How long did you study? I took the online self-paced course. Does the exam include all the terms from the flash cards?

Thanks!

24 Replies
fosterowusu81
Viewer II

How can i get sample test questions to practice my knowledge base hands on lab on the CC exam?

dsanchezd
Newcomer I

Hello @cstone24,

I studied for a couple of hours in the past week using the self-paced course and a few parts from a LinkedIn course by Mike Chapple. I also reviewed the flashcards this morning for a bit before the exam.

The exam itself is considerably harder than the post-assessment quiz on the self-paced course, but I think that if you understand all the terminology and have some previous IT experience it should not be difficult. Something I would consider thought is to make sure that you read the full question and all the answers before choosing one. Once you have submitted an answer you cannot review them later and after the last question your only choice will be to "end exam" and collect your results. Don't delay for too long on a question, though!

Overall if you have a good IT background and you are confident in knowing the contents of the self-paced course, or if you don't have IT experience and you feel very familiar with the topics covered, you should take the test. I was able to pass it successfully today and it felt very rewarding!

Kind Regards

otter325
Newcomer II

Hi, if you don't know much about computer networks, I would recommend Alton Hardin's "Introduction to Computer Networks for Non-Techies," which you can find at www.udemy.com.

In terms of material specific to the CC exam, besides ISC2's course (be sure to know the info on the flashcards and the assessments), Mike Chapple's CC course on LinkedIn Learning gives a good overall review. However, I found Thor Pedersen's study guide & practice exams in his "Complete Certified in Cybersecurity Course" especially helpful. You can also find that one on Udemy. By the way, I didn't watch his videos. His study guide & practice exams were enough since I'd already done the ISC2 and Chapple courses.

I spent a couple of hours a day over about 10 days going through ISC2's CC course plus Chapple & Pedersen's courses and passed the exam the first time. 

Robyn111
Newcomer I

I am interested to find out your experience re the CC exam. I am currently completing the online self-paced course and plan to write the exam soon after.

heyshomy
Newcomer I

@dsanchezd Did It take you one week to prepare? I have experience in networks and general hardware maintenance. Wondering if I can spend 8 days preparing.
dsanchezd
Newcomer I

Hi @heyshomy,

It took a couple of days, yes. The course was not hard to follow at all and is not too long, but it is a good practice to go back to the content and make sure that what you really know what it teaches. I think 8 days is doable if you have an understanding of IT in general and you keep more or less with announcements and so on.

The best advice I think I can give is to go through the content and decide when you will be ready based on that. Falling short is bad, but spending too much time going over and over throught the same topic can be exhausting for the brain and backfire.

This is an entry level certification, so you should be fine!

heyshomy
Newcomer I

@dsanchezd thanks a lot
winshelo
Viewer

Hi How you doing? for my point of view if you already have a background and experience in the security field it will took you 4 days depend on the amount of hours that you want to spend on the learning materials. I think that the cours materials cover all the subject but you can also look for free practice test on other websites

umar82
Newcomer I

How can I prepare this exam in short time I mean flash cards and the book isc2 mention is enough