Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cstone24
Newcomer I

Passed my CC Exam

Good afternoon. I passed my CC exam today on the first go. Now what? I applied to become an associate, but I've never received any correspondence about it. Now I receive an email saying that I need to complete an application, but I receive an error when I try to complete it. Does anyone know what happens after you pass the exam?

21 Replies
emb021
Advocate I

You don't apply for ISC2 Associate after passing the CC exam.  As there is no experience requirement for the CC, there is no reason to be an Associate.

You fill out the application to become an ISC2 member.  Hence the email for you to fill out the form.

If there is a problem, contact support.

---
Michael Brown, CISSP, HCISPP, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, GSLC, GSTRT, GLEG, GSNA, CIST, CIGE, ISSA Fellow
SEANEVERDRY
Viewer II

I FAILED at first attempt. Now i have to pay to resit for the exam.

COngrats to you anyways.

DanielTeel
Newcomer I

ISC2 associates are for people who pass the exam but don't meet the experience requirements for the certifications. A common example is people who pass the CISSP but have less than 5 years of experience.

The CC does not require any experience so there's no need to become an associate. You need to fill out the form to become an ISC2 member.
taymaay
Viewer III

Once you pass this course I am only to receive job offers from ISC or?

Also, the certificate i receive at the end will be beneficial for any cyber security job within any company? 

Dave4
Newcomer II

Hi, Taymaay I also need answers to those questions,
can somebody help?
DanielTeel
Newcomer I

Taymaay,

The certification is just proof that you passed a knowledge check. You can add it to your CV as proof to any job that you have a baseline level of knowledge in cybersecurity.

You are bound to the code of ethics outlined in ISC2 as long as you keep the certification, and the maintenance requirements.
Topshotta
Newcomer III

@cstone24 there are a list of potential entry level jobs they provide in one of the emails sent . I personally feel like you may need more experience for those jobs . I plan on applying for internship programs once I pass the exam since i have no prior experience in cybersecurity .
emb021
Advocate I

@taymaay wrote

"Once you pass this course I am only to receive job offers from ISC or?

Also, the certificate i receive at the end will be beneficial for any cyber security job within any company?"

Am a little concerned by these questions.  Do you not understand what ISC2 is about or the real value of these certifications (which are NOT certificates, there is a differene), not just CC but the others?  Are you pursuing a career in cybersecurity and have an involvement in the field, such as joining with local cybersecurity groups (chapters of ISSA, ISC2, or local groups)?

To answer your particular questions:

"Once you pass this course I am only to receive job offers from ISC or?"

Not how it works.  Passing a course is the first step.  You then must take and pass the CC exam to receive it.  Once you've done so and completed the application you will become an ISC2 member.  ISC2 does NOT send you job offers.  There is a group here where people post jobs.  And as I noted, you should join local infosec groups as they can be a source of potential job leads.

"Also, the certificate i receive at the end will be beneficial for any cyber security job within any company?"

Again, NOT a certificate, but a certification.  This is what you will receive once you passed the test.  As someone else here noted, it will benefit you in seeking cybersecurity roles at companies as it will tell them you have a baseline knowledge in the field.  It will NOT in any way guarantee you getting a job.  That will be on YOU.  Certifications like CC (and many others) will help you get past the HR 'gate keepers' to get in front of hiring managers.  But YOU will need to take it all the way with your ATTITUDE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, and KNOWLEDGE in the field to get you the job.

Hope this helps you and others.

---
Michael Brown, CISSP, HCISPP, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, GSLC, GSTRT, GLEG, GSNA, CIST, CIGE, ISSA Fellow
Dave4
Newcomer II

Is there any preparation questions to study since

I failed my first attempt?