Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

(ISC)² Entry-Level Cybersecurity Certification Pilot Exam Reaches 1,000 Exam Milestone

We are excited to announce that more than 1,000 cybersecurity career hopefuls have taken their first step toward launching their careers by taking the (ISC)² entry-level cybersecurity certification pilot exam

Read more on the blog: https://blog.isc2.org/isc2_blog/2022/05/isc2-entry-level-cybersecurity-cert-reaches-milestone.html

ISC2 Community Manager
18 Replies
Prokoro
Newcomer I

I think I did something wrong are we suppose to get the exam code when we register for our class. Or when we finish the class/course then we get our exam code? It is still free for the course and the exam for limited time right?

jamensah2
Newcomer I

Need flash cards
Tess
Newcomer II

Flash cards are provided both for free and as part of the ISC2 training materials. 

tommyq
Newcomer I

I got my code when I registered.
hani23
Newcomer II

Thank you so much. I have a question....? I want to start my career in Cybersecurity and self paced CC is will be my first training. Who can help me finding job after completion or taken CC exam? 

hani23
Newcomer II

Hi, but in the course quizzes, they have performance based questions. A lot of people are saying we have to study Security+ or CCNA in order to pass the exam. As you have mentioned this course will be enough....?

You are in Cybersecurity for 5 years this exam would be easy for you. I am a newly born in Cybersecurity, this self paced is my first course. How I can get a job in cybersecurity after this, can you please advice me?

Really appreciated.

MrITGus
Contributor I

Hi  @hani23 ,

I understand you are studying for your CC and then want to find a job.

Thomas Jefferson once said:  “If you want something you've never had You must be willing to do something you've never done.”

If you really want to find a job, you need to put in the effort to find it by yourself, if that is your passion and you really want a career in cybersecurity.  Things that are worth having, don't come easy to us.  We have to put the time, commitment, passion and effort to achieve them.

Maybe you can start by looking for volunteer positions, where you can help others and then that way you make new connections, that could lead you eventually to find the job you envision having one day.

But expecting others to do the job for you, isn't fair.  If you want something you have never had, you need to put the effort to find what you are looking for.  But never expect someone else to do the job for you.  That is, if its really your call to become a security professional.  Just my two cents of advice here.

All the best in your CC certification journey and finding your job!

Best Regards,

Gus

hani23
Newcomer II

Please do not discourage them with your negative responses. Be respectful........

Thanks

MrITGus
Contributor I

@hani23 ,

I am sorry if you misunderstood my response.  Of course we are here to encourage.

But you wrote in your original post:

" Who can help me finding job after completion or taken CC exam? "

That to me means you want somebody to help you find a job, which is fine.

But you have to do the first move toward finding a job.  You can't leave it only to someone else.

Also if you would have been more clear in your first message, it would have been more clear for me what you were requesting help on. 

You never used the words "career coaching" in your original message posted here.

If you would have wrote "career coaching" in your first message, my answer to you would have been completely different.  

Great that you found this program by yourself, that is a good start.  Definitely you are demonstrating effort and being resourceful.

Thank you for your advice!  Please take this penny of advice.. Don't judge people you don't know personally and next time be more clear with what you are requesting.  So there are no misunderstanding between what you are thinking and what you are writing.   

Thank you!