Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sathishranganat
Viewer II

I passed the CC exam

Dear All, Today I passed the CC certificate exam. I am technically new to the cyber security space. Even though it is a beginner's certificate, I put my 100% effort. I was bit over prepared before taking exam (after re-scheduling the exam twice). 

Regarding my preparation and taking exam,

1. The CC free course by ISC2 is covering the basics but I felt it is very important to go through and understand all the concepts and definitions. Especially for me as a beginner in cyber security. Completed both pre and post assessments and reviewed my answers to make sure my understand is in line to the definition in the respective modules.
  2. I also went through Mike Chapple's LinkedIn learning course twice at-least and completed all 4 practice exams. This is a very helpful course for the beginners like me.
  3. In the live exam, I don't remember seeing any questions out of ISC2 CC course. But from different viewpoint. Need to pay attention to understand the question. Answer options were very close. Required very clear understanding of concepts to select the right answer. I managed to finish the exam well ahead of 2 hours’ time limit.   

Those who are preparing, my recommendation would be

1. Go through CC course content and Mike Chapple's free course to understand the concepts and definitions clearly.
  2. Take the pre and post assessments part of ISC2 CC course and complete the 4 practice exams from Mike Chapple (I guess it is free for LinkedIn members).
  3. Before exam, give yourself time to go through and have complete understanding of the concepts and topics.  

Finally, for beginners in cyber security, this certification is really a good starting point. 

All the best. 

5 Replies
punitjoshi88
Viewer

Congratulations on your exam pass. Did the course work smooth for you ?. Post attending a lesson or answering the question and clicking continue the course does not proceed ahead for me.

sathishranganat
Viewer II

Yes. It worked fine for me.

Not sure you tried moving the slider (with %) before clicking to continue. If not pls try that. 

emb021
Advocate I

@sathishranganat wrote "In the live exam, I don't remember seeing any questions out of ISC2 CC course. But from different viewpoint. Need to pay attention to understand the question. Answer options were very close. Required very clear understanding of concepts to select the right answer. I managed to finish the exam well ahead of 2 hours’ time limit. "

Nor should you expect this.  

This is NOT how certification exams work.  They are NOT to be teaching to the exam.  Examinations and training are totally separated, so no question should be direct from the course.

Teaching/training is to the CBK (Common Body of Knowledge), and the exam is to the CBK.  You need to understand the concepts, not remember specific questions/answers.

---
Michael Brown, CISSP, HCISPP, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, GSLC, GSTRT, GLEG, GSNA, CIST, CIGE, ISSA Fellow
Cyberstarter52
Newcomer I

Congratulations on your hard work and dedication! Thank you for providing what worked for you. I plan to take this exam soon and appreciate reading the tips.
Marylorm
Newcomer I

Hi there,
Congratulations! I'm also preparing to take the exam next month. Your post will help me a lot.
Thank you for sharing your experience.