Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kguyah
Viewer

Certified in Cybersecurity vs CompTIA Security+

Hi, does anyone know if the Certified in Cybersecurity certificate is a higher level of the Security+ certificate? I am currently studying for the Security+ certificate and plan to tackle the CC next.

23 Replies
MaxCollisions
Viewer II

Reply to Deanna.

So in short, and reading what many people are saying after taking the CIC exam, it would seem that that the course/training materials that ISC2 provide for CIC, which I paid for, does not cover all of the 5 Domains, and is not in enough detail ?

sourabh2023
Newcomer I

Hello,

I have 17 plus years experience in networking as network engineer, I was working on routing protocols routers switches.

No actual hands on in security products. Some idea about firewall like ASA.

My target is cissp certification AND above certs like GRC, cism or iso 27001 auditing certs. I want to start cissp study ASAP..
So CC only recommended for cissp as prerequisite ??
Or should I go through sec+ as required or recommended knowledge for cissp ??
Is sec+ considered handson or operational cert ??
josephkevin
Viewer II

When comparing Certified in Cybersecurity with CompTIA Security+, it's essential to understand the target audience and skill level each certification addresses. Certified in Cybersecurity is designed as an entry-level certification, ideal for individuals new to the field, with no prior work experience or formal education required in cybersecurity. It focuses on introducing basic cybersecurity concepts and terminology, making it a suitable starting point for newcomers. On the other hand, CompTIA Security+ Certification is geared towards candidates with at least two years of IT administration experience, specifically with a security focus. It covers more advanced topics and practical skills needed in real-world security roles. While Certified in Cybersecurity is a foundation for progressing to more advanced certifications like CISSP, CompTIA Security+ offers a more hands-on approach, preparing candidates for security-focused IT roles.

EchelonVigil
Newcomer III

I was trying to figure out if I should go for my Security+. I didn't because I thought CC was on par, but it's not so I'm going to get it. Thanks for clearing things up for me.