Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tommyq
Newcomer I

CC self paced exam format

Does anybody know what format the exam is?  I've been told the questions aren't multiple choice as we see in the course itself.  Also, are there and sample tests to practice with?   Thanks.

32 Replies
maudam74
Reader I

I need help too

Sheenor
Reader I

Thank you ma.
Sheenor
Reader I

This would really go a long way.

Thank you sire.
OA1
Viewer

pls i just want to confirm if you have any pre exam you practice with before the exam like other certication programmes do

Aviral
Newcomer II

Certification exam will consist of 100 MCQ.
Tess
Newcomer II

@msm7 wrote:

how you prepare for exams have any dumbs 

Asking for "brain dumps" to pass an exam suggests unethical behaviour on your part. 

ISC2 and other exam vendors have strict rules about taking their exams, one of them is that you commit (sign a contract) to never cheat. And in essence, "brain dumps" (questions and answers copied from real exams) are absolutely cheating. 

If you want to join ISC2 as student and participant, you will need to adhere to ISC2's code of ethics, which includes commitments against cheating. 

Tess
Newcomer II

@OA1 wrote:

pls i just want to confirm if you have any pre exam you practice with before the exam like other certication programmes do

The official training materials, the self-paced learning, does have practice questions, yes. 

It includes:

• Knowledge checks after each chapter.
  • A post-training assessment, consisting of 75 questions.
CyberG7
Newcomer I

Did you only study the training course material given by ISC^2?

Tess
Newcomer II

@CyberG7 wrote:

Did you only study the training course material given by ISC^2?

Me personally, I did not study for the exam at all. I took it, to test it for my students and colleagues, to see if it was any good. 

My colleagues at work, most of them will only use the ISC2 free study materials. Some will also add training materials from PluralSight, which we have access to through work. Others might add a bit of materials from Mike Chappel, via LinkedIn Learning. 

But yea, most people just use the ISC2 official materials.

hani23
Newcomer II

Hi,
Currently, I am studying the material which ISC2 provided and I also came across with the linkedin Mike Chappel but they require free trail for a month so most of their material is out graded bcz I didnt signup for that:).
I just wanted to know that if their exam is just based on definitions MCQs only?
Any information is appreciated!
Regards,
Hani