Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TeflonDon36
Newcomer II

CC Exam Scheduled - Nervous

**** Update **** - took test about 2 weeks ago and passed. I just paid my $50 AMF yesterday and I’m officially CC certified. Good luck to all those studying and preparing.

All I used to study was the material given by ISC, nothing more and nothing less.

No PBQs on the exam.

Best,

James

I've been in a helpdesk role for 6+ years, and NEED to branch out of this role. I'm opting to go the Security, Cloud route and thought I'd take advantage of the CC exam since it's free. I've gone through most of the videos, and have passed all assesments in the high 700 range. 

Do the assesment questions that are available change? Or are they always the same? 

I assume I'm ready to take the exam if I can pass the assesments. *PRAY* - I hate testing!  

33 Replies
hani23
Newcomer II

Thank you:)
MrITGus
Contributor I

Anyone will be ready to take the exam not by measuring themselves against an assessment exam, but by understanding if they master all the topics within the Official Exam Outline topics provided by ISC2.

For information on ISC2 Exams, you will find ALL you need here:

https://www.isc2.org/Exams

All the best to everyone studying for your certification exam.

Best Regards,

Gus

rapphyyy
Newcomer I

Hi my name is Raphael from France, I read through your message, first of all congrat for passing your exam. I just want to ask you this question concerning the exam questions, are they different from the resource on the ISC FlashCard learning?

To be specific are the question set acoording the chapters? like chapter one has it question comes up first and then chapter 2 next and so on?? or is everything put together?

Thank you.

MrITGus
Contributor I

@rapphyyy 

Dont expect questions to come in the same order you are studying them.

Remember its an exam and you will be tested based on the "Exam Outline" topics.

So my advice to you is to study all the topics in the "Exam Outline".  Once you feel confident  answering questions related to all the topics and in any order, then you will know that you can attempt to take and

pass your certification exam.

All the best in your studies!

Best Regards,

Gus

TeflonDon36
Newcomer II

None of the practice questions will be on the exam, but if you study and know the material then you will be fine.
rapphyyy
Newcomer I

Thank You Gus so much Gus! your reply help.

rapphyyy
Newcomer I

Why would they recommend the resource for practice if none of the practice question will be on the exam?? I’m concerned.

rapphyyy
Newcomer I

Hi Gus, is it true that none of the practice question will be on the exam?? I’m concerned. because that is the only resource I have used as to study and my exam date is next week and I'm already familiar with all the questions from chapter 1-5.

Please kindly confirm to me iif this information is true or not.
Best Regards,
Raphael.
MrITGus
Contributor I

Hi @rapphyyy ,

Practice questions are that, practice for you and so you verify that you understand the topics you are studying for your certification exam.

As I said above, my advice to you is to study all the topics from the "Official Exam Outline".  If you understand and master ALL the exam topics from the "Official Exam Outline"  and you are able to explain them in your own words.  You should be fine to take your certification exam..  

Don't overthink, (ISC)2 gives us the "Official Exam Outline topics" so we can guide our studies based on all the topics mentioned in that document. 

Best Regards,

Gus

rapphyyy
Newcomer I

Thanks.