Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TeflonDon36
Newcomer II

CC Exam Scheduled - Nervous

**** Update **** - took test about 2 weeks ago and passed. I just paid my $50 AMF yesterday and I’m officially CC certified. Good luck to all those studying and preparing.

All I used to study was the material given by ISC, nothing more and nothing less.

No PBQs on the exam.

Best,

James

I've been in a helpdesk role for 6+ years, and NEED to branch out of this role. I'm opting to go the Security, Cloud route and thought I'd take advantage of the CC exam since it's free. I've gone through most of the videos, and have passed all assesments in the high 700 range. 

Do the assesment questions that are available change? Or are they always the same? 

I assume I'm ready to take the exam if I can pass the assesments. *PRAY* - I hate testing!  

33 Replies
ssk120k
Reader I

what am i paying the $50 costing for? Dont i get a print out saying i passed? 

Tess
Newcomer II

The $50 annual payment is what ISC2 calls it's "AMF": annual maintenance fee.

Call it your membership fee. Without paying that fee, you are not allowed to say on your resumé that you're officially ISC2 CC certified. 

The same scheme applies to SSCP, CISSP and the other "big brothers" of the CC exam.

Tess
Newcomer II

Of course the practice questions aren't on the exam! Why would ISC2 tell you explicitly the questions that will be on the test? No proper educational institution does that. 

rapphyyy
Newcomer I

Hi I read your post, men you are 100 percent correct. 

Do you have a specific c++ resource you can send to me? I took the CC exam two days ago I did not pass it. The assessment test is absolutely and totally different from the exam, and that was my mistake. I dependent on the self pace assessment learning but it’s a complete and total different question form the exam. it didn’t help me at all. I’m preparing for the second test next year 20223 so I need to do some thing differently in terms of practice, if you have any c++ resource kindly send to me.