Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TeflonDon36
Newcomer II

CC Exam Scheduled - Nervous

**** Update **** - took test about 2 weeks ago and passed. I just paid my $50 AMF yesterday and I’m officially CC certified. Good luck to all those studying and preparing.

All I used to study was the material given by ISC, nothing more and nothing less.

No PBQs on the exam.

Best,

James

I've been in a helpdesk role for 6+ years, and NEED to branch out of this role. I'm opting to go the Security, Cloud route and thought I'd take advantage of the CC exam since it's free. I've gone through most of the videos, and have passed all assesments in the high 700 range. 

Do the assesment questions that are available change? Or are they always the same? 

I assume I'm ready to take the exam if I can pass the assesments. *PRAY* - I hate testing!  

33 Replies
denbesten
Community Champion

@TeflonDon36 wrote:

Do the assessment questions that are available change?  

The questions on the exam will not match the questions found in any study materials.  

If you encounter "brain dump" sites that claim otherwise, they most likely fraudulent and ought to be reported

TeflonDon36
Newcomer II

Who said anything about brain dump sites???

I was asking if the questions in the assessments that ISC provides change every time you take the assessment? (are they always the same 75 questions or do they have a pool of 300 questions, and the assessments aren't always the same) I've taken the assessment twice, but I didn't really notice if the questions were different than the first time I took it. 

Really just trying to gauge my "readiness".  

denbesten
Community Champion

I apologize.  It was unclear to me if "assessment" referred to study, exam, or both.

My CISSP and CCSP study materials all utilized fixed lists (same questions each time in the same order). I can not say for sure if CC study materials are designed the same.

The exam questions themselves definitely do come from a larger pool of questions. 

CalciJ
Viewer III

They are the same questions, although I think there is a pool of around 100 so some may change or be duplicated.
I've passed the CC exam recently and none of the questions were like those on the assessments, I had to check I had the right exam, I passed but my advice would be to take your time and read the questions.

Also good luck with the next step, endorsement, this seems to be the most difficult part as I passed over a week ago and haven't been able to endorse it yet due to my account not being provisioned?
Emailed member support and am still awaiting a response, I must say, so far I'm not very impressed.

Guzmanwj
Viewer

You don't need to endorse the CC, you need to endorse certifications that are on associate or professional level but not the CC.

rahulblatz002
Newcomer I

Bu there's a endorsement process , But you don't need any member to validate that. It's the Annual Maintenance fee that's taking time for me. To get the certificate you need to pay $50 as AMF. The portal is not working..

CalciJ
Viewer III

You still need to agree to the code and pay the AMF which is all done through the endorsement portal.
So far it seems I've taken the time to study the course, take and pass the exam but can't show off my hard work as something seems to be wrong with (ISC)2's system.

Miquella
Newcomer I

I am stuck on that step, I couldn't complete the payment .. the page displayed an error message when adding credit card expiration date.

Miquella
Newcomer I

The exam is a bit different from post assessment exam shown during the self-paced training, I suggest that you take some security + practice tests.

During the Certified in Cybersecurity exam try to understand the questions, pay attention to some keywords, they are the key to answer correctly. Also start reading choices from the bottom to the top to avoid checking a bad answer.

Good luck