cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jc2022
Newcomer I

CC Exam Preparation

Hello,

For those who have passed the entry level CC exam, can you let me know if the online material provided by ISC is enough to study for the exam?

Are there any recommended books or supplemental material that can be used such as practice exams etc?

Thanks

145 Replies
Demiana
Newcomer I

so what exact time we need to be ready to take the exam ?

Designer
Newcomer I

I personally used 3 weeks, a week for isc2 prep materials, a week for mike
chapple and a week to revise.

It depends on the time you have to spare
Sent from Gmail Mobile
engrdan
Viewer II

meaning the ISC2 online material is not enough??...That is very bad ...Imam yet to take my exam anyways

obustin30
Viewer II

I have 15+ years of experience in IT, from Tech support, to IT Support, to SAP Basis Administration. I am transitioning to CyberSecurity.

My years of experience made this a bit easier, however I did have to study. I went through ALL of the self paced online training that ISC2 offers for the CinC, and then I supplemented it with
Mike Chapple's Linkedin course for the CinC. About halfway through the Chapple course, I abandoned it and scheduled the exam for the next morning. I felt that I was ready.

On the pre course assesment (self paced online thorugh ISC2), I got a 69%. I passed all of the chapter quizzes for the most part, maybe except for 1, which I retook and passed. I took the post course assesment twice, 84% first, then 88%. I felt I was ready but still continued on the the Chapple course since.

I got the free voucher with the million certification program the ISC2 is providing, and also got all of the self paced content for free. I got the Chapple course for free as well through my company's log in on via linked in.

This exam is not difficult, however during the test there were some questions that were not in any of the content. They threw me off a bit. I believe these were dummy questions that don't count towards my final score, but not 100% sure of that. Good luck. My suggestion is do all of the self paced online stuff, take the post assesment and make sure you make above an 80%. Supplement it with something else if need be, and then go for it.

mjfonelove
Viewer III

I failed as well. And there were things on there that I felt I was not prepped for. I am studying again and retaking quizzes in hopes to pass next time. I really need to pass to get this certification so I will pay the fee. It is still an investment since they did offer the course for free at the paced study that I took. I am scheduled again Nov 3 2023. I will let you know if I passed.
mjfonelove
Viewer III

I believe that there were other questions that were there to see where you are in understanding certain concepts and definitions. I know that I have a hard time with the Role Based/ Mandatory/Discretional AC based questions. SO I am trying to understand more on the major differences, although it is a bit confusing. So if anyone has an easier way to explain it, please do. I am going back to retake the exam. I failed. The paper they give you after the exam gives you a basic where you need to prepare more. I hope to pass this time and I will spend more time and rethinking how the question is asked. I think some of them were more common sense to. I will post if I pass.
anandskt
Newcomer I

Hi,

I also didn't clear the exam whereas, I cleared my chapter exams more than 80 to 85%. However, What I understood from the exam the questions are quite tricky. They are not the same pattern as in chapter exams. Hence, try to understand the exam and then opt for the correct answer. 

kaddour
Viewer II

How did you done this? For me the button proceed does not work so i could not buy te ebook.

Regards,

Emad20
Viewer

I studied all ISC materials include Video and resources for CC certification and got 87 score in preparation exam but I failed in the real exam this week. I faced to some questions in exam which never heard about those in resources

Designer
Newcomer I

The ISC 2 exams actually requires you to think, it’s like a brain teaser,
you probably knew most of the answers but the questions are not usually
direct…..I think the idea is to be able to use both analytical and
quantitative skills. Please don’t be discouraged, try again, I took my
CompTIA security + exams this week and passed and I must tell you the ISC2
CC gave me a bit of idea about what to expect and how to manage my time
answering questions. All the best.

Sent from Gmail Mobile