cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jc2022
Newcomer I

CC Exam Preparation

Hello,

For those who have passed the entry level CC exam, can you let me know if the online material provided by ISC is enough to study for the exam?

Are there any recommended books or supplemental material that can be used such as practice exams etc?

Thanks

145 Replies
Alejandro
Viewer II

I can safely say that there are questions that touch on content NOT SEEN IN THE COURSE. It's a matter of luck since everything comes from a bank of questions. Don't rely on the course alone, use multiple study sources.
AhadShah786
Viewer II

Tahir have you already take the exam
vswep
Viewer II

How do you access the free CC training material?

anandskt
Newcomer I

Mate, hope you have already registered for the exam the same way you have to register for the study material, I also faced the same issue, however, after spending some time. I managed to register. You just play around. If we can talk, I can demonstrate over the call. 

You can find me at Linkedin Anand Sharma.

zbaskervil
Newcomer III

When I first registered for the course, I end up talking to Chat Tech. After talking to the Chat Tech I successfully registered for the course and access the course materials
anandskt
Newcomer I

Cool, best of luck for your exam. 

Er_TapanJatakia
Newcomer III

Hi all,

I have cleared this exam just yesterday, and one of my mentors who is preparing for CISSP asked me the same aforementioned question. I just recommended she revise the material she is using to prepare for CISSP to clear the CC exam. I hope you understood. 🙂

😁

Note: I completely understand that the questions asked in the (ISC)2 CC Cert exam are quite different from the Pre and Post-Course assessments, primarily, to test how good the candidate is in solving those practical questions judiciously using human cognition. No need to fear, they are just tongue-twisted kind of questions and hence require more thinking to select the correct answer.

📖🤔

Pro-Tip: (ISC)2 is well-known in the Security community to conduct exams where all the options in every MCQ seem correct. The candidates are to use their human cognition to select the Most Appropriate and Most Accurate answer (or option) among all those correct options.

🗒

My recommendations to clear the CC exam -->

1. Focus on the core fundamental pillars of cyber security along with the various network architectural designs and understand the functions of every network security component by their placement in the network.
    1. Example:
      1. Why is a DMZ or a Firewall placed where it is placed in a network? How does that benefit (or impact) network security?
      2. Why is Physical Security control different from Technical and/or Administrative Controls?
  2. Along with the knowledge of fundamental cybersecurity concepts, it would really help you score better in the exam if you revise certain Current Affairs in the Cybersecurity domain from the news. Remember, no need to delve deeper, review the headlines of only the popular ones.
  3. Since many students or professionals must be starting their journey into the Cybersecurity domain with this CC exam it would help them get ahead in their careers if they develop the habit of focusing on the 5Ws1Hs method viz. Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How.
  4. Additionally, try to also implement the 5-Whys approach (5 times Why) especially to know why a specific network component is placed where it is deployed in an n/wk infra. The same goes for security controls as well.

Disclaimer: I apologize if my reply does not resonate with the negative outlook of candidates for this exam. I understand and empathize with the candidates who have appeared and weren't successful. Please don't believe in any question dumps available online. (ISC)2 is too clever to provide questions similar to the Question Dumps available online.

--
Er. Tapan Jatakia (C.Eng.)
Cell: +919664332984
Email: tapan_ditu_17.20@outlook.com
Homepage: https://linktr.ee/ertapanjatakia
Skibochi
Reader I

Hi guys, i took the exam today and i cleared it. I am not from an extended IT background but what i will say is the study material from ISC2 was very beneficial to my passing. I also made sure i did all the questions at the end of the study material. If you go through the study material like twice, you should be good. All the best to those who are yet take it.

otter325
Newcomer II

How helpful were the flashcards?

Er_TapanJatakia
Newcomer III

@otter325, Flashcards were helpful, but the questions in the CC exam are twisted ones. Hence focus on learning concepts inside-out so you can answer those twisted questions.

--
Er. Tapan Jatakia (C.Eng.)
Cell: +919664332984
Email: tapan_ditu_17.20@outlook.com
Homepage: https://linktr.ee/ertapanjatakia