cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jc2022
Newcomer I

CC Exam Preparation

Hello,

For those who have passed the entry level CC exam, can you let me know if the online material provided by ISC is enough to study for the exam?

Are there any recommended books or supplemental material that can be used such as practice exams etc?

Thanks

145 Replies
rahulblatz002
Newcomer I

Course provided by (ISC)2 itself would be enough.. But if you wanna be more thorough, You can always try the books that are for Sec+. Or practice the assessment that's provided at the end of the course.

Simone123
Viewer II

The ISC2 online material is now enough!

I have just taken my CC exam & failed. The Pearson centre questions are formulated in a completely different format that the ones you can find online (as far as I know only the ones from the prep session of ISC2 website).

I felt that they are formulated not really to test your knowledge (mostly when it is relating to a foundation exam) but rather formulated to trick you in failing the exam!

It is such a disappointment to see that this type of exam are purposely formulate to ensure that candidate retake the exam & pay the extra fees!

Cheloluis777
Viewer

You are absolutely right, I present today and failed. I am Spanish-speaking and the English they use in the exam is very confusing. I took advantage of the network and DRP part to learn a little more about it, but the other questions were formulated to confuse

Tahir
Viewer

please provide preparation material

MrITGus
Contributor I

I passed the exam on my first try. The entry level CC exam, is a foundational exam and I would definitely recommend studying with the ISC study material.  But not as your only source of preparation.  

I also used the official CCNA Cisco Cert. Books by Wendell Odom and I always guided my studies based on the Official CC  Certification Exam Outline provided by ISC2.  Also I used the CISSP for Dummies book.

I have read several comments here that the exam is confusing, which is not true. 

But you need to study and prepare with a mindset that even though this is a foundational exam in Cybersecurity, you do need to dedicate time and effort to prepare properly to pass the certification exam.

It is doable, but you need to commit to study and prepare for it with time.

All the best in your exam preparation and be ready to pass the exam if you dedicate time to it. 

akshata
Newcomer I

Hi,

Cleared yesterday, material of ISC2 is enough. If extra clarification is needed (I needed since I am from non IT background), you can refer Mike Chappel's session on Linkedin learning.

If you have IT background, just ISC2 material will suffice.

Tahir
Viewer

I donot have any material for cc certification. please share it with me if
possible.
Eniola12
Viewer

Please anyone can share with me the material

MrITGus
Contributor I

For material to prepare for your ISC2 certification. I recommend that you check out the valuable information available for you at this great post: https://community.isc2.org/t5/Exam-Preparation/ISC-Exam-Preparation-Guidance-What-to-Expect-Next-Ste...