Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chingaming
Viewer II

CC Exam Fail - Retake Procedure

Hi Everyone. I was part of the 1M who got the free voucher for the exam sadly I recently failed the CC Exam. 

If I will be retaking the CC exam again do I need to pay $199 this time? and If I will be paying, do I need to wait 30days before I can retake the exam again? 

Hope someone can give an advice regarding on this process.

Also, to those who failed before can you share your experiences and additional materials that you used on how did you pass it after retake?

Thank you!

24 Replies
Marylorm
Newcomer I

I took the exam and failed as well. I purchased the ISC2 textbook and it covered all the 5 domains. But with zero IT background, most of the questions were technical and confusing.
Marylorm
Newcomer I

I took the exam and failed as well. I purchased the ISC2 textbook and it covered all the 5 domains. But with zero IT background, most of the questions were technical and confusing.
LMay63
Newcomer I

Hi,

Sorry you did not pass your exam. I recommend you go to udemy.com and look for a course on Cybersecurity. Create an account and download the CC course by Thor Pederson. Then also pay for the test questions. He recently added another section of questions. These questions and course material will help you pass CC.

Now udemy course and test prep questions can be bought cheaper at the end of the month for 9.99 and up. I advise you get it on sale. I only recommend udemy if you are trying to save on money. I been doing this for awhile now and found this is best way. There is another gentleman out there by the name of Mike Chappelle who I also recommend and teaches on Cybersecurity and has test questions to pass. I had to reschedule my exam for this month cause I wasn't ready yet and will be taking it next month. 

God bless and don't despair. You got this. 

EchelonVigil
Newcomer III

Sorry to hear you failed, I know that can be a real bummer. However, this is where the work begins. Find an area of study in cybersecurity (i.e. pen-testing) or computers in general that interest you and hone in on that.

You'll end up taking detours but you'll learn so much more and after awhile everything was difficult will just click. 

I don't know what your goals are but if you're in it for the long haul then one fail shouldn't shack you much.

Dust yourself off and keep going.

P.S.

Udemy is good but if you can also try Coursera.

LMay63
Newcomer I

@EchelonVigil 

He's right. Coursera is good. Just 49.99 a month is bit much for my pocket but is good recommendation. I advise you figure out what field you want to specialize in and work toward that. Get your Sec +. Then do alot of lab training or simulation lab work and get it on resume. Can get free resources out there for lab training or pay for Josh makador program ($500). Many ways to go but for me I rather focus first on CC first then Security + then lab training. 

God bless.